chapter eight

We woke up tangled within each other. Camila woke up to her phone ringing, and got up to answer the call.

"Hello?...Mami!...Uh, Y/N and I just woke up, why?...Are you serious?...Oh my god, okay...I love you, tell Dad I said hello...Bye." She hung up the phone and jumped on the bed, tackling me.

"Baby! My mom and dad are coming to meet us for brunch!" She shouted.

"Mila, what the hell happened last night?" I laughed, as she cut me off with a slow kiss.

"We frick fracked." She joked, making both of us erupt with laughter.

I checked my phone: Seven missed calls from Nate, five missed calls from Dinah, and three missed calls from Ally. And three voicemails.

I got up to get dressed, but not before Camila and I listened to the voicemails.

"Hey Y/N, it's your best friend, Nate, and I just wanna say I'd rather be doing it on the shore than convincing Ally the chupacabra isn't real...whatever that is..."

"Nathaniel, a chupacabra is an animal that eats goats and POTENTIALLY HUMANS!

"Yeah, Ally, but only in SOUTH AMERICA! Anyways, have fun. Stay safe."

Camila couldn't stop laughing. We both forgot to tell Nate that Ally only does recreational camping, like when there's a resort involved.

I went to the next message from Dinah.

"HOOOOOIIII, Y/N and possibly also Chancho hello it's Cheechee! I hope you guys are having fun as well as having sex! And your diary is pretty funny, Y/N! Byeeeeeeee!!!"

"She stole my diary." I told her. "Jamie just gave it to her."

And finally, we braced ourselves for Ally's voicemail. I pressed the play button with caution.

"Y/N, we have been friends for years. When you came out to me, I embraced you as if I was the Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus. However, I always promote abstinence whenever I'm able to."

"Babe, what are you going on about?" Nate asked her from a distance.

"I'M TALKING ABOUT HOW Y/N AND CAMILA SHOULD PRACTICE SAFE SEX!!!! GOODNIGHT, AND LET'S PRAY THAT MY BOYFRIEND CAN FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS HELLISH HIKING TRAIL! BYE!"

Okay. We were on the floor laughing. I missed them.

"Babe, we gotta get dressed." Camila told me, throwing a hoodie at me. I inspected it to reveal it was my drumline hoodie Nate bought me for my birthday, because it's a running joke that if I joined the whole section would play in time more. I paired it with some shorts and some vans.

Camila got a tank top, a kimono, shorts, and flip flops. I don't know necessarily why she wanted to wear a kimono, but it was adorable.

"Let's go, Camz!" I yelled, halfway out the door.

"I gotta get my ring!" She yelled back, running towards me. "Okay, now I'm ready."

I have to say, as much as I enjoy going out for dinner with Camila, I like going out to breakfast more. There's nothing like just waking up and going out for some eggs and bacon. Maybe it's just the Jersey in me, but I really love diners. And Camila Cabello.

Camila's parents always dressed formally. Camila has never seen them in a simple pair of sweatpants or without a collared shirt on. However, when it came to me, they always asked me to call them by their first names. Alejandro wore a simple polo and khaki shorts today. Though Sinu wore a fancy pantsuit, she ditched the heels for some cozy flats.