chapter nineteen

I was dangling off the same cliff, just like Shawn on the fateful night. I was hanging on by the strength of my two arms, bracing for whatever came next. The cliff seemed as if every time I turned around, it got higher and higher. All of a sudden, I wasn't just scared. I was terrified.

"Y/N?" I heard her voice. It was laced with panic. "Oh, Y/N!"

I saw her run to me, putting her hands on top of mine.

"Help... me..." I mustered, as one of my arms began to drop.

"Camila?" I glanced upwards to see Shawn, shot and bloodied. "You won't leave me to die again, will you, Camila?"

Camila's eyes began to water as she turned back to me. She had just been given an ultimatum as the sea below turned from blue to black.

"I'm sorry. He's already lost so much." She turned back and walked to Shawn.

"Camila? Camila!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "Camila! Please come back!"

I felt my grip slipping.

"I want to wake up now!" I screamed at the sky. "I don't like it here anymore! Cami-"

My grip slipped between the cracks as I began falling down towards the sea. I closed my eyes, yelled one last time, and found myself in Camila's bed in her room.

I was hyperventilating for a moment, until I saw the satin pink curtains of her room and her sun and moon blanket.

"Y/N?" I heard Camila running up the stairs and opening the door. "Hey, is everything okay? I heard you screaming from downstairs."

"I- I just had a bad dream." I told her.

"I was so worried." Camila came over, sitting on the bed. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Only with you." I began. "I-I was hanging on that cliff, and you w-were there, and S-Shawn was in the corner. He was bloody and it looked like he had just been... been..."

"Like somebody shot him?" I nodded.

Camila grabbed her blanket, wrapping the two of us up in it as she cuddled me into the crook of her neck.

"Hey, is was just a nightmare, okay?" She said, rubbing my back. "It didn't happen. It won't happen."

"Y-You saved him, a-and not me."

Camila took a deep breath, as that was a lot to take in.

"You know I would've saved you first. You mean so much to me. These past few months have been an absolute hell, okay? With my parents not caring and stuff. But, you've come over every day and made sure Sofi is fed and safe, even when I'm not at work. You've been more of a parent than my own parents. We may be doing the plan for Shawn, but I think we're doing it for us as well. So we can sleep at night again. Are you okay now, mi amor?"

I nodded, as she smiled and gave me a quick kiss.

"That's my baby. Now come on, I made some pancakes downstairs."

We walked together hand in hand downstairs to see the endless stacks Camila cooked for us.

"Wow, you really went all out."

"Only one way to celebrate ending 2016, and that's with a bang." She told me, hands on my waist.

"GOOD MORNING KAKI! GOOD MORNING Y/N!" Sofi shouted, coming up and giving both of us a big hug.

"Good morning, Princess Wizard!" Camila beamed. "Y/N and I can't wait to take you to Ally's New Years Eve Party tonight!"

"First, we have to go to the toy store!" Sofi told us. "I saved up all my money for a bike, and now I'm gonna get one!"