chapter ten

One thought was running through my mind after the home competition performance- "Wow. That actually went really well."

My sister did very well performing the solo. She didn't drop, and her motions were fluid and connected. All in all, I was happy with our performance, but I was happier when Mr. Jonas said our scores would be revealed later in the week, therefore we didn't have to march on the field to get a trophy.

When he said that, one thought screamed in my mind: Camila.

My worry and panic was more controlled now, as I went up to Nate and Dinah.

"Guys, I'm going now to see Camila. Wanna come?" I asked.

"Are you changing?" Dinah asked, pointing to my uniform.

"Nope, I need to see her as soon as I can." I told her.

"Then why the hell are we still here? Let's go." Nate agreed.

Before all of us- me, Nate, Dinah, Ally, Normani, and Lauren got into Dinah's mini van and rushed to the hospital, I went to my band locker and pulled out my acoustic guitar. I never sing, mostly because I hate singing, but Camila loves my singing.

We pulled up to the hospital's parking lot and I walked inside, guitar case in my hand.

"Hi, I'm here to see Camila Cabello." I said to the woman at the front desk.

"Room 118." She said, as I walked down the halls of the white-walled hospital. I came in to find her sleeping.

 I came in to find her sleeping

"Guys, give me minute or two." I told me friends quietly as I came in and sat down. "Hi, Mila. It's me. Um, I know I don't sing a lot, but this is important to me. And what this is, is you."

I tuned my guitar and suddenly began to play my favorite song.

'Love of mine

Someday you will die

But I'll be close behind

I'll follow you into the dark

No blinding light

Or tunnels, to gates of white

Just our hands clasped so tight

Waiting for the hint of a spark

If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied

Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks

Then I'll follow you into the dark

Catholic school, as vicious as Roman rule

I got my knuckles bruised by a lady in black

I held my tongue as she told me, son

Fear is the heart of love, so I never went back

If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied