27. New year

Selena's POV.

Honestly when I agreed to this new look idea I thought it would be exciting and I would feel awesome. But here I am on new years eve sitting in my room feeling scared.

Now you might think what a baby all she has to do is change her look. But it's more than that. I'm letting go off my past and I'm making a new confident me. For someone who is always avoiding attention this will be quite scary. I can't even imagine what the first day back would be like.

Chloe's shouting pulled me out of my thoughts "Selena, get your ass here. We have an hour left til the damn party" Why did I agree to this.

I walked into the room and the girls had everything set up and they were already dressed and they looked stunning. Whereas me, I looked like a mess. I haven't brushed my hair in days and I still am wearing my sweats.

"Okay tramp, lets turn you into a smoking hot girl" I got pulled into a chair and the girls started their magic.
After a long time I was finally done. I opened my eyes to see my reflection in the mirror and I was shocked. My outfit actually looked nice on me and my makeup looked very simple yet very glamorous. My hair was curled and the heels I had on made my legs look good.

"You guys this is awesome thank you so much." we all did a group hug and then we headed downstairs.

Giselle's phone started to ring and she answered it. She spoke on the phone for a bit and then switched it off.

"The guys just rang and they said they are having a new years ball at the castle and they said to send some pictures to them" I started to walk towards them when Giselle stopped me.

"Nope honey, you can't be in the picture because we can't ruin your surprise" Well I'm glad I got out of that one because I am not photogenic.
The girls sent a picture off and the boys sent one back. I ran to see what they looked like.

All the guys were dressed in black suits looking so smart. Cole had a stern look on his face as usual. But when I saw Adam my heart skipped a beat. He was dressed in a black suit and had a white shirt which looked like it will pop off any minute soon. He was smiling for once and that smile made me smile. He looked amazing.

"Ooo someone is blushing while seeing her man" Jade teased me and I shoved her.

"I'm not blushing you idiot and no one is my man"

"Not yet" Jade stuck her tongue at me and ran for the car.

I swear down this girl is so immature. We all got into the car and headed out to the party. I was feeling pretty nervous.

"Stop shaking your leg, you'll be fine don't be nervous" Chloe grabbed my leg and held it still.

"I'm just not too comfortable with this much skin showing"

"Don't worry you look beautiful"

The rest of the ride we spent talking and taking pictures. When we pulled up to the Chris guys house I saw people passed out in the front and right behind his house was the beach.

We all walked into the house and were greeted by Chris.

"Damn girls you look hot, especially you Chloe" bleugh this guy makes me sick.

"Blah blah we get it we look hot, no need to make us sick with your cheesy talk" Giselle made me and Jade laugh really loud.

Giselle grabbed my hand and we walked in. The house was packed people were all over each other and it smelt so disgusting. As we walked past many guys tried touching me but Giselle shoved them off.

"I'm gonna go and get something to drink, you want anything"

"No I'm good thank you"

Giselle rolled her eyes at me "Miss manners, you could have just said no" she laughed at me and walked away.

I looked around to see everyone having a good time and enjoying themselves. There were guys sweet talking girls in the corner of the room, some were literally so drunk they can't even stand straight.

"Looking for anyone" why does this annoying voice sound familiar. I turned to see Jesse.

"Damn Selena you look different" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I mean in a good way off course" this was funny seeing him stutter.

"I'm only messing with you Jesse and thank you" I blushed and looked away.

"So do you wanna go dance"

"I don't know" I grimaced while looking at the crowd full of sweaty people.

Jesse laughed at held my hand and guided me out to the back. On the beach their was a bonfire set up and there was loads of people dancing.

"Wow this looks so good"

"I know I set it up" I rolled my eyes at his cockiness. We both walked onto the sand and I took my shoes off.

5 minutes later I was going crazy dancing. The rest of the girls has joined along too and Jesse was so much fun to be around. I was definitely enjoying myself.

"You look beautiful smiling" Jesse winked at me and I blushed.

"Why thank you" I bowed to him and we both went into a laughing fit.

Soon after there was only a few seconds left to the new year and we all did the count down.

Beautiful fireworks decorated the sky and I was mesmerised by them. I looked at all the beautiful bright colours adoring the black sky. It looked like a piece of art. I saw a flash in the corner of my eye and I turned to Jesse who took a picture of me.

"You just looked beautiful so I had to" this guy I swear down. He then asked me if we could take a picture together and we started to take weird pictures.

We all started to dance and Jesse lifted me and started to run towards the water.

"JESSE DON'T YOU DARE" and you guessed it he threw me in. Soon after everyone else jumped into the water. Jesse moved closer to me and started to lean in to kiss me.

"I'm sorry Jesse. I can't" it just didn't feel right I mean Jesse was just a friend and someone who I just knew for a few days. I can't go around kissing guys I knew for a few days.

"Its nothing personal, I just got out of horrible relationship and I'm just not feeling it"

"No worries" Soon after things got less awkward and we started to mess around. The water started to feel cold and we all ran out onto the sand and while I was running I feel to the ground because I twisted my ankle.

It really hurt but I tried to get up and walk which failed.

"Are you okay" I didn't have the chance to respond when Jesse lifted me and followed the girls to our car.

"Damn Selena you are light as a feather it's like I can almost throw you" He tried to throw me but I quickly grabbed him.

"What the hell Jesse" I smacked his chest and he started to laugh.

"This is so not funny, you think I'm a toy you can toss."

"No that's not funny but this is" he imitated my face when I was scared.

"That is not what my face looked like and your so damn mean".

Me and Jesse argued the whole way to the car. He placed me in the car and gave me my shoes.

"Goodnight" He had a glint of amusement in his eyes making me laugh too.

"Goodnight goofball"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note

Hope you guys enjoyed the two chapters.

I only put out chapters that I'm fully happy with because I would never update just for the sake of it because I know how much support I have for this book and I never want to let anyone down.

Love you guys xxx