45. Anniversary Ball

Selena's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning with a headache. I groaned and put the covers above my head. After 10 mins of being lazy I went into the shower. Feeling fresh when I walked, I grabbed some clothes, got changed and headed down.

As I was walking down I heard a lot of voices, everyone seemed to be happy and laughing. So I put on a big smile and walked into the room.

“Morning everyone” Everyone turned to look at me and they were pretty shocked, they probably expected me to still be upset. But it’s a new day, so new mindset.

“Morning darling, sit near Xavier I’ll give you your breakfast” I sat beside Xavier and laughed at the boys being silly with Gramps.

“You ok”

“Yeah I’m good” I smiled at Xavier.

“Alright that’s enough food to last you lifetime Ben, spare some for the skinny twins, did you boys starve them or did Ben just eat all the food”

We all burst out laughing but 3 boys weren’t too pleased. The twins were nowhere skinny, they were well built. I ate my food while watching the boys and Gramps be weirdo’s. It was pretty entertaining.

Once I was done with breakfast I cleaned my plate up and sat down. Nana was busy talking to Xavier and so I decided to watch T.V. I was sitting comfortably when Xavier decided to sit beside me.

“What are you watching?”

“I dunno some random movie” We spoke for a bit, it was mostly small talk which was awkward. Xavier got up to leave and I offered to walk him out.

“I’ll walk you out” I followed him to his car and I said goodbye and headed for the door.

“Um...Selena” I turned around confused because Xavier had one hand behind his back as he walked towards me.

“I was wondering if you would go with me to the ball with me.” My eyes widened in shock.

“Xavier...I don’t think I’ll be going” He interrupted me before I could even finish.

“I think you should go, you were invited by them with so much love and you should have a fun night out. Also prove to Dante that you aren’t affected by what he says”

I smiled at him because if I didn’t go it would show that I’m a coward.

“Besides your Nana has already picked out your dress so you have no choice” we both started to laugh.

“So you’ll go with me”

“Of course” He smiled at me and then pulled out a dark blue corsage.

“Aww Xavier this is so sweet”

“Well I thought since its your first ball here might aswell go all out” I laughed at him as he put it around my wrist.

“Thank you Xavier”

“See you later” I walked inside with a smile on my face.

“Oooh what’s that you have there” Nana winked at me.

“Ugh Nana, I’m pretty sure you were in on this”

“But isn’t it sweet” I rolled my eyes at her and headed for my room.

“So I picked out this dress for you” Nana grabbed my hand and we headed for the closet.

I saw a beautiful blue and silver gown hanging; it shone really bright under the lights because of the rhinestones.