ch 2

Ch2 Mrs. Lovett's POV

"Nellie... Nellie, please wake up pet" a deep gravelly voice says. But who would be in my room, what time is it anyway. I open my eyes and see Sweeney or is it Benjamin his brown eyes seem soft almost not the cold dark ones she's used too.

"Mr. Todd...." I try to say but the words won't come out of my moth right that's when I look down at me neck and see fresh bruises. Oh god he tried to kill me almost did. My body starts to shake will he kill me now, oh I'm Shure he will hill make it just like the judge's death slow and painful. I look and see that I am in my bedroom and in one of my soft night dresses.

"calm down Nellie please I'm so sorry" Sweeney says. Wait did he just apologize, or did he just say that. The tears start to fall from my eyes and I start to sob.

"don't hurt me please" I whisper and I try to turn away from him but he holds me down just when I think he's about to kill me. as he leans over on top of me hues me. Or hold me rather.

"never again Nell never again" he says softly in to my hair. Nell? He hasn't called me that in years' no one has actually. I push the delve of me as hard as I can, he lets me go and I bring my legs up to my chest as tight as I can.

"get away from me" I scream with all the strength I can muster and I watch him carefully and his expression changes to sadness but I don't care no matter how go a show he puts on he has no love in his heartless body.

"I'm sorry Nellie" he says in a whisper and just as he closes the door I swear I see a small tear shed from his brown eyes. What the hell just happened why would he be crying he's the one who did this to me. I get up out of bed as quick as I can but my old bones hurt so much I only get a few steps. I don't know how much longer I have before the devil himself comes back in here to finish what he started. Look around for any way out but the window doesn't open more than in inch or two before it gets stuck. I turn around quick when I hear the door open and I hold my breath.

"mum" I here Toby's small voice call out softly

"toby oh thank heavens your all right I didn't know what happened to you" I says and run over to hug him and he hugs me back as much as he can with the small tray of food in his hands.

"I'm fine mum Mr. Todd found me in the bake house after he brought you up here, he told me everything about the judge and Benjamin" toby says softly looking up at me. Poor thing he problem thinks the worst of me.

"I'm so sorry son" I say starting to cry a little bit toby has been such a good lad he deserves better than me.

"don't cry mum it's alright. I love you" he says and I pull him close and kiss the top of his messy brown hair

"I love you Toby but we got to get out of here, you were right about Mr. T all along I was just to blind to see it" I say quickly wiping my tires and I grab a small beg and start to pack.

"he is mum like I said he told me everything and how you love him and how he hurt you, he softly sorry mum we can't just leave him" toby says ushering me down to a chair in the corner of the room.

"no toby we can't he's evil hell kill us all I know he will" I say trying to hide my fear but my hands start shaking

"toby can you come here a minute lad" I here Sweeney call and my eyes widen. Since when are they friends.

"coming. It'll be alright mom you just rest" he says giving me a kiss on the cheek then he leaves me there in my room with the door open. I sit there for an hour or so just staring at the door waiting. Wafting for god knows what but there I sit not moving an inch.

"Nellie... I brought you some lunch" Mr. Todd says slowly coming into my room I evidently brake out in a cold sweet just looking at him.

"come on pet you have to eat" he says coming a little closer and my eyes dart around the room looking for a way out or toby on god what has he done with my poor toby.

"toby" I whisper and glare at the devil before me with such hatred.

"he'll be back soon' Sweeney says then he looks down at the food it's a bowl of soup and a burnt pace of bread.

"I never could cook" he says looking at the food again ashamed and sad.

"why don't you just kill me already" I cry out looking at him, he should just get it over with.

"I count, can't,wont" Sweeney says and he sets the food down on the floor and walks out. Whatdoes he mean he can't kill me less that forty-eight hour ago he would havealmost done? But that's the rub isn't it almost what had stopped him. Surely hedoesn't fell the same as I did, do, did. No he can't he is heartless