ch31

Ch 31 Mrs Lovett's POV

Johanna gives me a hug then goes to her room to pull herself together before Anthony comes back with toby. They've been gone quite some time but i suspect Toby got him involved in some game. I decide to go and tell sweeney about the conversation me and Johanna just had opening the door i fell cool fall hair hit my exposed shoulders running up to his shop i nock an the door.

"Mr. T" i call rubbing my arms a little he opens the door letting me in

"It's getting cold out pet you should have a sweater" he scolds me sweetly shaking his head at me.

"I know i didn't think about it till it was to late" i say glancing at my reflection in the broken mirror. I look decent today the dress i'm wearing is blue and black and my fingerless gloves match perfectly.

"What is it you needed pet" he asks rubbing his hands on my shoulders i close my eyes and enjoy the sensation.

"When the girl came down she started asking me questions about lucy" i reply and he removes his hand turning me toward him.

"What did you tell her" he asks concerned.

"What turpon did to her and about how lucy was before and after you left" i say he lets out i breathe i would never tell her that sweeney was the one who actually killed lucy as far as i'm concerned she did die the night she took the position.

15 years ago.

I finish the dinner rush and am wiping off the tables outside i see lucy walk down the street carrying baby Johanna on her hip. I can tell she had been crying again her face was all red and puffy. She walks past me and up to her house and i let out i sigh. Poor thing. Later that night i'm reading my book and i here a loud thud then johanna starts to cry. I run up the stairs and see lucy on the ground and johanna in her crib.

"Lucy... lucy com on now dear don't do this" I cry out shaking her but she doesn't move. I look to my right and see a bottle of arsenic. I check and see that she has a pulse. I grab the baby and head down stares i settle her down rocking her in my arms. She falls asleep within minutes i set her on my bed and go to take care of lucy. When i go up i see lucy rocking back and forth in the corner holding one of johanna's dolls.

"Lucy dear how do you feel" i ask walking closer to her she looks at me for a minute then she lunges at me trying to scratch my eyes out. I push her off holding her hands above her head.

" lucy calm down dear it's me nellie" i say trying to calm her down she fights me with all her might.

"Witch, witch" she screams at the top of her lungs she gets away from me and starts running down the street i started to chase after her when i hear the baby crying i walking side and pick johanna up. I've always wanted i could but not like this not on my own. I fall asleep on my bed with baby johanna in my arms.