ch24

Ch24 Sweeny's POV

"I don't know" i say running a hand through my hair and i stand up and start to pace the room

"Take a deep breath love and calm down" she says putting a hand on my shoulder. I take her hand and hold it. She always knows what to say. How does she do that. I turn to look at her. I see old tear streaks on her cheeks and realize i had caused them.

"I'm sorry nell" i say wiping the tear streaks

"Tis alright love" she said smiling a little i hug her and breath in the sweet scent of her hair.

17yrs ago

"Ben you're being unreasonable" lucy says looking me dead in the eye and she starts to pout crossing her arms.

"My dear we just don't have the money to move" i say trying to stay calm. I would never put my hands on my wife or any other women for that matter but lucy was starting to drive my patients.

" i want to move. I can't stand that women down stares and how she looks at you" she says glaring at me.

"Her name is nellie and there's nothing between us dear" i lie, i've always been attracted to nellie but being married i would never act on it. She just seems to understand me some how.

"Oh so it's nellie now what happened to Mrs. Lovett" she yells backing away from me

"Lucy i love you, i would move if i could but we don't have the money" i say once again trying to be practical.

"I should have married that lawyer" she mutters looking out of the window

"He is twice your age" i say she's starting to act like a spoiled child which in all honesty she is.

"Id at least have a proper home" she says looking out the window still.

"I'm going out" i say grabbing my jacket and i walk out the door to cool off a little.

Present

I can't help thinking of lucy at times i did love her. In my own way but we were never really happy at least not till we had Johanna then things started to get better between us. But Lucy always seemed to get what she wanted. No matter what she had to do.but i was never enuf for her.

"I didn't think you would come back" Mrs. Lovett says playing with my shirt a little.

"Why was that" i asked a little surprised. Why wouldn't i came back. I would never just leave.

"Last time you walked out that door you were gone for fifteen years" she says tightening her grip on me a little and i kiss the top of her head

"I would never leave not like that pet" i say reassuring her as best i can.

"Now we must see about fixing this place up for Johanna" she says patting my chest and she walks out the room calling for toby to fetch some cleaning supplies. I can't help but smile that women is a bloody wonder.

"What can i do" i ask rolling up my sleeves walking in the kitchen nellie is an her hands and knees scrubbing the shop floor. I don't know how she works so fast.

" you can help toby fix the bed in the spear room" she says and i nood leting her get back to work.

"Alright lets put her back in place" i say after we fix the bed. I may not be that found of toby but hes growing on me he shure is smart.

"Alright" he replied and he takes one side of the bed and i the other and we set it in place. I can't help but look proudly at the work we did.

"Nice job toby." i say patting his back which catches him by surprise a little.

"Thank you sir" he says smiling at me

"You can call me sweeney if you like" i say he nods and runs off to tell nellie we've finished. This will do just fine for anthony and johanna.

"Look mum me and sweeney fixed it all up" toby says all excited pulling nellie into the room

"Who'd of thought it dear you pulled it off that beds ben a mess for years" she says looking fondly at toby.

"How'd it get like that anyway" toby asks and nellie's face droops a little

"Never mind that dear let's eat before lunch gets cold" she says rushing out off the room i watch as she leaves wondering what just happened. I must ask her about it later.