ch40

HELLO EVERYONE SO THERE IS ONLY GOING TO BE TWO MORE CHAPTERS AFTER THIS I AM GOING TO MAKE A SECOND ONE SO IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS FOR NAMES OF THE BOOK OR THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THE BOOK LET ME KNOW 

-BELLA

Ch 40 Sweeney's POV

I run out the door and down fleet street hanging my head in shame. Now look what i've done. I got got her pregnant and then almost kill her and the baby along with causing her unnecessary stress which isn't good for either of them. I walk to the park near by and sit on a bench. I wonder if i should go back, she told me to leave but if i go back maybe we can talk things out. There has to be hope. Right. I sigh and put my head in my hands not knowing what to do. She could just be hormonal because of the pregnancy. I should be there to help her and comfort her. I decide to give her a while to calm down. I stand up and walk around a little until i pass a flower shop i stop and buy her some daisies and tulips and i walk home.

"Eleanor" i call bursting into the shop. I look around and i don't see her anywhere i run and look in the parlor.

"Nellie" i call looking around i go into her room and see most of her things are gone i look and see her dresser is empty and her vanity is cleared off as i walk towards the night table i step on broken glass and see a picture of us shattered on the floor. I did this it's all my fault. I sit on the side of the bed and hold the picture close as a small tear runs down my face. She left i can't believe it. I walk through the house again and notice most of the things are gonna pots and pans books etc. She packed up and left.

"Mr todd" i voice from a young boy calls i turn around and see one of toby's friends. George i think his name is.

"yes " i say i'm almost happy to see him it be better if it was toby nellie would never leave him behind.

"Toby told me to tell you that they were leaving and weren't coming back" the boy says a little unsure of himself.

"Where did they go" i ask hoping he can tell me something anything i have to see nellie again.

"I don't know sir him and Mrs Lovett got in a carriage earlier today and left headed that way they were" he says pointing down the street.

"Thank you" i say walking him out one he leaves and runs down the street i scream throwing old books and cups at the wall. Fifteen years dreaming of a wife and child then another year having hope build up only for it to be taken away again.only this time it's my own fault i have no one else to blame but myself. There's no judge to blame no revenge to seek out. The only injustices that has been done is ti nelle.

"I'm so sorry" i whisper to the picture of nellie and me. I walk upstairs to my shop and start passing. I need a plan to find her. Wear would she go. She didnt have enuff money to move by the sea not yet anyway i know she always dreamed about it so maybe she went some wear close. I set the photo down next to the one of me lucy and johanna they seem so different like there two different worlds.

I can't remember if she had any family she would stay with i know her parents are dead but she talked about her aunt a lot. I run downstairs and look for an address book or papers of some sort. I dig through the night table and i see a black book filled with names and addresses.

"Mr. Johnson, gwendolyn, lisa, elizabeth" i mutter to myself and flip through the pages. I can't for the life of my remember what the name of her aunt was.

"Nettie" i say when i came across her name she doesn't live too far away from her. I grab my cote and walk out the door. I take a carriage to the address in nellies book once i arrive at a small but fancy looking house with a white gate surrounding a small garden there i see a woman with reddish brown hair working in the garden this has to be nellie's favorite aunt.

"Excuse me miss" i saw and the women looks up from her flowers she looks like an older version of nellie and it pulls at my heart a little.

"How can i help you" she asks sweetly taking off her gardening gloves and opening the gate to let me in.

"Are you nettie" i ask unsure of what her real name is but that's the only thing nellie has ever called her.

"Only one person alive calls me that..... Do you know nell" she asks taking me inside the nice house it's obvious this woman has money but considering it's just her she keeps her house small.

"Yes i um.. I was wondering if you have seen her. I've been looking for her and thought she might be here." i say taking a sit on the plush chair it's covered in a soft brown fabric with black velvet lining.

"I haven't seen nell in years we write often but she's so busy with work and everything.. Excuse me for asking but are you sweeny" she says and i'm a little taken aback nellie told her about me about us. I nod a little and she smiles at me

"Its nice to meet you nell has told me so much about you in her letters" she says getting up and walking over to a writing desk and she hands me a few of them and i start to read.

Dear auntie

Things between me and sweeney are going well. Hes changed i think its hard to see he's still upset about his wife but i think he's starting to move on. He's paying more attention to me at least. He seems loss cold,I love him and i think he knows that maybe one day we can live by the sea like i've dreamed since i was a child Anyway toby is doing well i have to bring him to meet you some time, you'd just love him he's the sweetest boy there is. So help for to. Sometimes i think the good lord sent him for me talk to you soon

- Love nell

The letter was dated almost two months ago i sigh and ran my hand through my hair. I've always known she's loved me. I just could admit that i loved her.. I feel a wave of guilt rush over me . i never paid enuf attention to her never appreciate all she did for me. What a fool i am.

"What happened" nettie asks putting a hand on my knee i look up at her shake my head as i hold back tears.

"I did something horrid.... And we fought she told me to leave. I did and when i came back she was gone" i say as i start to cry i bit. It's so weak for a man to break down like this. Nettie rubs my back soothingly.

"It'll be alright dear.." she saws but i cut her off

"No you don't understand she may not come back and.. shes ... shes" i stutter but i can't let the words leave my mouth as i put my head in my hands.

"Spit it out dear" she say and she sounds just like nellie in that moment

"She's pregnant with our child" i say and the room goes silent.

"Oh my well... you have to find her then nellies strong but... women in our family often have trouble caring and giving birth to babies" she says in a worried tone i look up at her shocked

"What do you mean trouble" i asked concern filling my face and voice. I can't let her be alone not like this.

" i had three miscarriages in my youth nellie's mother had five before she had her, and our mother died while giving birth to our youngest sister who died when she had a miscarriage" she say sadly standing up she starts to pace the room.

"I have to find her. Where would she go" i say looking to the older women for help.

"I don't know dear but will work on it together inell has always been like a daughter to me.will find her" she says i see a glint in her eye that reminds me of nellie that stubbornness and determination that i love so much.