ch22

Ch22 Sweeney's POV

"what on earth" i here nellie say i was just falling back to sleep after she tried to get up i can't help but run my eyes over her beautiful body as she holds the sheets close to her.

"I'll get it" i say deciding to get up. I threw on my closes and walk to the door to see a young man standing there.

"Mr Todd" the young man says when i open the door his brown hair all slicked back.

"Yes" i say and he has my a letter and leaves i open it and start to read. My face falling as i do so.

"what is it dear" nellie asks coming into the room i hear her put the kettle on but i don't look up from the paper.

"Mr. T"she says again i stand up and walk out of the shop and down fleet street luckily Mrs. Lovett doesn't follow me.

Dear Mr. Todd

I hope you are doing well i am sorry to be writing to you so late but me and Johanna have just gotten settled into a small house in ireland. Anyway i wanted to thank you for all your help rescuing johanna. Im sorry you didn't get to meet her i had left her in a sailor disguise at your shop when you were not there and when i came back with a carriage she was waiting down the street for me. She was afraid. Most likely of tarpon but who is to say. We are coming back to london on the 17th and am planning to stop by.

See you soon my friend Anthony

I walk a while longer and sit on a park bench and re read the letter once more. Johanna is coming here. That was her in the shop that night. She was the sailor boy i found in the trunk,and almost killed. First i killed my wife than almost killed my daughter. She must think i'm a monster. I put my head in my hands and rub my temples. Oh god what have i done. The grief takes over me. Lucy, Johanna. My family. I ruined it it was all my fault. Wasn't it. no . no.no . it was the judge he did this to us. But i didn't have to kill insont people. I didn't have to kill at all. I get up and start walking some more. Just walking no wear in mind until i find myself walking on one of the nicer streets of london i then come to a halt in front of a huge house with a metal gate around it.judge turpin's house. Its just as distasteful as the man himself. My first start to ball in anger at the thought of the man.

"Pity what happened to the judge isn't it. He's been missing almost a month now" says a man's voice behind me i turn around and see an old bagger man in tattered close caring a small bag on his back. If it wasn't for Mrs. Lovett that could have easily have been me.

"Yes it is" i lie nodding my head for emphasis. The judge is probably the reason this poor man is on the streets in the first place.

" ah well could you spare a coin sir" he asks holding his hand out. I dig in my pocket till i find a shilling to give him.

"Thank you sir" he says and he walks away without another word. I'll probably never see that man again. I walk more feeling sorry for myself. I was the reason Johanna was so terrified that night. She was hiding in the trunk and say me kill Turpin. My poor insont child say her father for the monster he really is. She must hate me. But why didn't she say anything. To Anthony the law. Hell even Mrs. Lovett. And why didn't she tell me who she was when i found her. To scared i'm sure. Oh god what have i done. And when she come back what am i to do do i tell her who i am. Do i tell her what really happened all those years ago.

"are your barker mad where did you go" nellie says in a shouting whisper when i find my way home.

"sorry" i say. I don't know what she wants from me.

"Sorry" she whispers only then do i see the sad look in her eye she walks out i sit on the couch and wait for her. I have to tell her. Then slowly my eyes fell so heavy and i fall into a dark sleep.