ch32

Ch32 Sweeney's POV

Nellie leaves the shop and i stare out the bay window thinking about the day i was taken. I start to pace the room back and forth only now thinking about it for the first time do i realize how long i've loved Mrs. Lovett.

15 years ago

I'm out in the market with my family the sun shining bright the clear blue skies above me. Me and lucy went out to get some new close for johanna and while we're walking lucy stops to look at a dark red dress. I can't see her wearing it it's entirely to bold for her my mind flashes to a certain curly haired baker how it would suit just fine. We walk on and i see a little flower on the grass and pick it up i show it to johanna who starts to laugh as i twirl it in my fingers. I look at lucy who is smiling at us when i see her face fall and i fell a sudden pressure an the back of my head the world starts to spin. I here johanna crying right before i black out. When i wake up i'm in a dark prison cell it smells of mold and stale air.

"Benjamin barker" . A tall man say coming up to the bars on my call door. I'm so confused i remember being in the marot much else.

"Yes" i say hesitantly looking up at the man confused.

"Come with me" he says opening the door he puts chains around my hands and starts walking me to the docks.

"What's happing" i ask as we get closer to the botes

"Your being transported juges orders" he say pushing me forward roughly

"On what charges i... " i sputter when he pushes me forward and i fall hitting the cold wet streets of london.

"Stop let him go he didn't do anything" i hear a female voice cry i look to see Mrs. Lovett fighting a crowd of officers trying to get to me.

"Get her back" says one of the officers and the drag her kicking and screaming away from me.

"Let me at least say goodbye to him" I hear her sob which in turn makes me start to cry seeing her so sad.

"Come on scum" he says helping me up then pushing me towards the boat. I look back and see Mrs. Lovett crying. She wanted to say goodbye to me. And wear is lucy why wouldn't she come and see me. The charges were that i had robbed and killed an older gentleman. Some man i never new i never got a court date but that isn't required. On the boat to australia i can't help thinking about how nellie came to see me yet my own wife never did. I can't help thinking of how sad nellie looked and how beautiful. I shake the thoughts out of my head lucy is the love of my life after all but all the moments i've shared with Mrs. Lovett i can't help but start to miss her. I miss my lucy and johanna as well we were are own little family the three of us and Eleanore was part of that to although eleanor and lucy never seemed to like each other much they got along fine.

"Where are we going " i ask a older man with gray hair and a long beard who is chained to the wall next to me.

"Botany bay" he says shaking his head my jaw drops in surprise at his words

"Australia" i say why on earth would we be deported i didn't even have a tryal.

"There cleaning house, sending us there to die" he says putting his head in between his legs. I can't die there what about johanna and lucy my family, i have to see them again. I have to escape.