ch14

Ch14 Mrs. Lovett's POV

"Nellie" Sweeney says softly walking closer to me taking my hand in his.

"I. I don't know" I say honestly looking up at him. His eyes look down at me with such caring and kindness.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there" he says holding me close. blaming himself.

"you saved me. Things would have been a lot worse if it wasn't for you" I say he's the only thing keeping me safe right now

"I'll never let anything hurt you again I swear" he says kissing the top of my head I fell so tired and drained from this whole day and my eyes start to close.

"let's get you to bed pet" Sweeney says and he lets go of me so I can go and change in the bathroom.

"Sweeney I say once I come out of the room

"yes pet" he asks looking at me ready to jump at my command.

"would you um stay with me tonight. I don't want to be alone" I reply looking down at my bare feet. I can't stand the thought of being by myself right know.

"of course" he says and gives me a small smile. He then takes off his shoes and his shirt and he hopes on the bed waiting for me. I then crawl under the covers and snuggle up next to his warm body. Felling safer and more calm. I wake up the next morning to a small nock on the door.

"mum is you awake" says the voice that I recognize as Toby. Whit everything that happened last night I forgot the lad never came home.

"coming dear" I say and I start to take off my night gown to put on a work dress and get ready for the day.

"um morning" Sweeny says just when I was about to pull the dress all the way off

"oh Mr. T I um" I grab my closes and run in to the bathroom to change. I forgot I asked him to stay with me last night. I feel so embarrassed like a complete fool. When I come out of the bath Sweeny is gone. I then finish getting ready and walk out to the kitchen.

"where have your ben lad I thought you were coming back yesterday" I saw giving toby I hug

"I'm sorry mum there was a storm and we decided to spend another night." Toby says apologetically. I'm glad he wasn't home last night though if Ron would have don't something to Toby that would have been worse than anything he could do to me.

"it's alright love I was just worried about you" I say messing with his hair a little and smiling at him.

"Nellie I'm going to open my shop for a bit do you need anything" Sweeney say looking at me with concern.

"I'm alright Mr. T" I say nodding at him he waits a minute then heads off to his shop. I then walk to the parlor and sit down to read a book.

"mum art you going to open" Toby asks coming in to the room. He looks so grown up hell be taller than I am soon.

"not today dear my poor bones are so tired" I say with a small smile and pat the seat on the sofa next to me for him to come and sit.

"did something happen. Did Mr. T hurt you" Toby says coming closer to me I shake my head and pull him next to me.

"no dear I'm alright Mr. T is the one who helped me." I reply I don't want to tell him but I can't have him thinking it was Sweeney's fault.

"but mum I "he starts but I put I finger over his mouth.

"just know that I'm alright dear. I just am tacking some time off is all" I say and not wanting to upset me he just nods. We sit and read for a while when I hear the shop door open and it makes me jump a little.

"Mrs. Lovett" I here Sweeney call from the kitchen

"be right back you stay here love" I say to Toby and he nods and goes back to his book when I enter the kitchen I see sewn with his hands behind his back.

"Mr. T" I say looking at him a little confused and I notice his a little nervous about something.

"I got these for you last night. I'm afraid they got a little damaged when I dropped them" Sweeney says and from behind his back he pulls out a small bunch a Daisy's the look a little sad some of them have lost their petals and there drooping from being outside but the fact that Sweeny thought of me made me smile.

"oh Mr. T that's so sweet" I give him a kiss on the cheeks I take the flowers and put them in some water. When I look at them it reminds me of myself how I am right now damaged and wilted but not dead. No not dead.

"what is it pet" Sweeney says coming up behind me he turns me so I'm looking at him and he wipes a small tear from my face.

"I'm scared Sweeney" I say and I can fell more tears coming Sweeny ushers me to one of the booths and sits next to me just felling his arm around me help me calm down

"I'm scared that it'll happen again" I say baring my head in his chest. I know it makes no sense but I can't shake the felling.

"I won't let anything hurt you. I promise" he says kissing the top of my head. At least I have Sweeny and Toby here to keep me safe but this place is just full of ghost and bad memories.

"I can't stand it here" I say after a minute looking around everything here is so dark and gloomy no matter how many flowers a put around the shop.

"I know my love one day well leave this place" he says agreeing with me I'm Shure its hard living in the place where he was once so happy.

"you could always stay down here you know" I reply smiling a little it be almost perfect me Sweeny and Toby are own twisted little family. All that's left is to move down by the sea.

"are you sure" he asks looking at me. He so sweet lately he seems to be thinking about me a lot checking in and wot not.

"of course dear you. You know I love you" I say felling a bit scared to say it. I told his so that night before he almost killed me. He never did acer me.

"I know you do" is all he says after a brief moment. I don't except him to say it back but I wish he would. Maybe one day.

eRd6��L��j