ch29

Ch29 Sweeney's POV

Waking up next to nellie just seems to make everything better i look over at the sleeping beauty, looking so peaceful in her white silk nightgown i play with the curly strands of her hair until she starts to wake. Stretching her arms out she rolls over to face me pushing her body closer to mine. I kiss the top of her head and she smiles.

"I could stay like this forever" she whispered her thick lashes flutter open to look at me.

"So could i" i reply and it's true the warmth and comfort and we stay like that for a while then we decide to get up and start the day.

"Are we opening today mom" toby asks after we all sit down for breakfast. Nelle did her best to make conversation so it was never too quiet.

"Bills aren't going to pay themselves would you be a dear and go to the market we need more flower"nellie says getting the dishes.

"Alright mum" toby says and he puts his shoes on and gets ready to leave.

"I'll go with you if you want" anthony offers and toby's face lights up. The seem to be getting on well.

"That be great" toby says and they leave johanna helps nellie put the dishes away and opens the shop.

"Mr. Todd" Johanna says coming up behind me as i head to the shop. I continue walking and i open the shop door as she follows me.

"We never finished our conversation from the other day" she states staring at me expectantly.

"There was a barber many years ago" i say looking at me reflection in the broken mirror johanna sits on the trunk and waits for me to continue.

"He had a wife. And a daughter. They were happy. But a judge wanted the berbers wife for himself." i trail off it's the first time i've talked about it in so long.

"It was turpon wasn't it" she whispers and i nod my head.

"using his power he sent the barber to prison on fraud charges, but the barber escaped years later and made his way back home only to find..." i stop as a single tear slides down my face poor lucy she never deserved this.

"To find what mr Todd" shohanna asks walking over to me putting a soft hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"Was he quite taribull to you" i ask looking at the sweet child before me. Her eyes seem haunted by her past much like mine much like nellies. Much like lucy's would be if she was still here.

"He never laid a hand on me, but he wanted to, when he tried marrying me i thought i was going to die. I was thinking of killing myself. Poison" she says being honest with me quite ironic her choosing posion same as her mother.

"I'm sorry that happened to you" i say cringing at the thought of her killing herself or the judge taking her inacents.

"What did the barber find when he came home" she says softly sitting down once more.

"His wife was gone and his child was taken into the care of the judge" i say the last part slowly it feels good to tell her. Although she doesn't need to know what happened to her mother at least not yet.

"Are are you ment to be the barber in the story" she asks putting it all together.

"Yes" i say turning to face her she stares at me for a moment studying every inch of me.

"Then you're my father" she asks wanting to be sure

"You look so much like your mother" i say and she stands up and comes closer to me. Looking for some resemblance.

"Are noses are the same" she says starting to cry puting my hand on her face i wipe away the tear.

"Johanna" i say smiling and she leaps forword huging me tight this is going better then i thought it would.

"You killed him to save me" she says crying even harder i stroke her long hair my little

angle shes almost an adult.

"And your mother" i whisper remembering Lucy it seems so long ago that we were the perfict happy family.

"What... what did he do to her how did she die" she whispers looking up at me with her clear blue eyes. Her inlies the rub do i tell her what nellie told me or what really happend.

"You dont need to worry about that now pet will save that for anuther day" i say i wont to talk to nellie and see what she thinks.

"Ok.. dad" she says laughing a little bit at saying the word