ch39

OMG THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL THE READS I NEVER THOUGHT ID GET OVER 1K ANYWAY HERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER MIGHT BE A LITTLE WHILE BEFORE THE NEXT ONE BECAUSE OF THE HOLLIDAY'S HOPEFULLY LATER NEXT WEEK ILL UPDATE ANYWAY THANK YOU SO MUCH 

-BELLA  

Ch39 Mrs. Lovett's POV

Toby doesn't say much to me has he packs his bags he doesn't seem upset but he doesn't seem like he wants to go either. Iv packed most of the things from the shop cooking supplies and wot not i walk in my room and close the door. I look around and i'm filled with memories of this room. Both Sweeney and Albert. I wipe the tears from my face and take out a large trunk and start packing. On my desk i see the necklace sweeney gave me. I took it off the night he left and i never put it back on. I grab it and put it in a box and tuck it under my dresses. I look on my vanity and see a picture of me and sweeney. I don't even remember when we too it but he's there his hand around my waist and me looking up at him lovingly. I start to sob and i drop the picture watching the glass shatter across the floor, mimicking exactly how i fell. sheterd . broken.

"Mum" toby says knocking on the door making me jump a little. I wipe my tears.

"Yes darling" i say in a shaky voice i stand up and walk over to the door and open it a little.

"The carriage is here" i says a small smile forms on his face which makes me smile to. It's almost as if were going on holiday or an adventure.i turn around and grab my trunk leaving the broken picture of me and sweeney. We load up are things and i stand outside the shop as i lock it i've spent so much of my life her so many memories good and bad.

"Will we ever come back" toby asks holding my hand and squeezing it a little.

"Maybe one day love but i don't think anytime soon.... Is that... is that ok with you" i ask my voice filled with concern. As i pinch his cheke a little.

"I think i'll miss it but any wear is better than the workhouse or peri ellie and as long as i'm with you" he says honestly i smile at him and pull him into a hug.

"That's my boy now let's say we go have an adventure"i say walking towards the carriage toby gets in and i go and talk to the driver.

"Wear to miss" he asks politely i smile at him a little his disheveled gray hair peeking out of his top hat.

"Birmingham" i say he nods and i get in and sit next to toby i haven't been there in years but it'll be somewhere for me and toby for a while. I put my hand on my stomach. I still can't believe i'm pregnant.

"Don't worry little one will be alright i promise" i whisper to myself i look over to my right and toby has already fall asleep, i smile to myself we haven't even ben on the road ten minutes and he's out.

"I'll be loving you always with a love that's true always when the things you plan need a helping hand i will understand always. Days may not be fair always that's when i'll be there alway not for just an hour not for just a day but always" i sigh softly to toby and the baby. There was a time when i would think of sweeny singing songs like that. There was i time i meant every word but not i don't know how i fell. It's a long drive to birmingham about four hours by carriage. Toby rest his head on my lap as i stroke his soft hair.

"Always" i whisper and i drift off into a light sleep. I wake up with a bit of a jolt as the carriage stops it around five and the son will soon set. I pay the driver as he drops us off at the center part of the city we then catch another carriage and it takes us to the outskirts of the city. We arrived in front of a big brick house its large iron gates stand before us. I get out of the carriage and pull out i set of keys and unlock it.

"Where are we mum" toby says looking up at me when i get back in the carriage. We start to drive forward.

"This is where i grew up" i say simply. I wanted a new start but the memory here are slightly less painful but only slightly. I had a good relationship with my mom until i married albert and my dad well after he left me and my mom i hated him. I remember when they died it was funny because it was the same day. If you find that sort of thing funny. they never talked after i was married but they both caught the plague at the same time. Not surprising really it was spread everywhere during that time.

"You used to live here" toby asks in awl looking up at the big building in front of us. My mom left it to me when she died but i was too busy worrying about ben and albert to care about it.

"I did years ago" i say softly and i unlock the door we step inside despite the house siting here for fifteen years it in pretty good shape. Just needs a little fixing up is all. There's a wooden staircase that leads up to the second floor wear all the bedrooms are i take a step forward looking around. It's been so long.

"Wow" toby breaths out i smile a little i think we'll be just fine here.

"Right then why don't you go pick out a room son there all upstairs" i say he smiles and we walk up the stairs. Most of the rooms are exactly how i remember them. Empty. My parents were rich but they didn't havey much in the way of family except for aunt netty. Her name is natalia but i've always called her netty.

Toby finds a room and sets his things down i walk into the master bedroom and set my things down i look at the room taking in the dark wood bed post and lavender sheets. I walk out and walk into my old room. It's changed a bit most of my stuff is still there from when i was a girl but it looks as if it has turned into a filing room my old writing desk if fill with important looking paper. I sigh walking out and closing the door behind me. I unpack a little and start dinner. I've always loved the big kitchen in this house i smile and start humming a little tune. I stop suddenly when i remember i never locked the gate outside. Grabbing the key from the table i run outside and lock the gate. I don't know why i felt the need to lock it but i just don't feel safe anymore. Putting my hand over my stomach i lurch forward vomiting on the ground. I take deep breaths using the tree for support. God this must be what pregnancy is like.i wipe my mouth and go back inside.

"Toby dinner is ready" i call out and i here footsteps running down the stairs. Maybe we could have i like here not like i dreamed but me toby and the baby could get by.