ch26

Ch 26 Sweeney's POV

"Nell are you ok" i ask after she ran out of the spare room like that i knew something was wrong

"I'm fine just freshen up" she says through the door but i can tell she was crying. I lean my head on the door wondering what to do. I'm never good in these situations should i leave her be or get her to talk to me.

"Open the door pet" i say softly turning the handle and as i suspected it was locked

"I'm fine Sweeney" she says so quiet i almost don't hear it.

"Nell" i say again and in nock on the door i'm not going to leave her like this. She opens the door and and it's clear she was crying i hug her close.

"Talk to me" i say and we sit on the ben she doesn't say anything for a while and i just wait till she's ready.

"That room that's the room were albert died" she says shaking a little. I alway thought he died in the hospital but i never asked her about it. I never cared for albert he was so rude.

"How'd it happen" i ask giving her an opportunity to talk to me she shakes her head a little.

"It was the day you were arrested.... He saw me crying and he thought we were sleeping together" she says and lets out i sob.

" go on" i reply handing her a handkerchief and she wipes her eyes. It hurts me to see her like this.

"He started to bet me i got away and locked myself in the spare bedroom he broke it down and.. He forced me on the bed and.." she trails of sobbing again that same bed me and toby fixed i had no idea. I never would have guessed alber hit her.

" he started to attack me and i got a hold of an old scarf and i strangled him" she whispers clinging on to me. I hate albert for what he did to her. The bastard deserved a death much worse than that.

"You killed him" i say feeling proud of her for standing up for herself.

"Was that the only time he hit you" i ask wondering if there was anything i could do to help her all those years ago.

"no " she says crying even harder. How could i not have seen it

"It's alright now pet" i say holding her close i wish albert was still alive so i could kill him myself.

"I haven't been in that room since. Or not until today" she says calming down a little. She's so strong. How could i not have seen it, he was abusing her. I wish i could have helped her some how.

"I wish i would have known. I would have helped you" i say playing with her hair a little bit.

" he would have killed me if i told and you had the baby" she says looking up at me.

"But i always cared about you" i say even if i didn't want to get romantically involved with her i always cared about her. Although we did slip up a little.

"I know " she says honestly she wipes her eyes a little.

"It's all in the past now" she says getting up. She fixes herself up and walk out into the kitchen. Toby looks at me wondering what happened i shake my head at him i don't want him to bring it up and make her upset again.

"Dinner is great mum" he says after he eats the last bit of food. Smiling at nellie.

"Thank you dear" she says grabbing the plate and starts to wash them toby cleans the table after a while me and nellie sit in the parlor reading for a while

"Ready for bed pet" i say noticing her eyes closing slowly.

"I think so" she says getting off the couch we walk to are room after we're settled into bed i pull her close to me kissing the top of her head.

"I love you" i say holding her close she smile and says the same and we fall asleep