Remus Lupin

"Miss (Y/l/n)?"

"Miss (Y/l/n)?"

"Veritaserum is a powerful truth potion. The name "Veritaserum" derives from the Latin word Veritas, meaning truth. Three drops of this potion are all that is needed to force anyone to respond to any question with the truth," you replied confidently.

"Excellent, excellent!" said Professor Slughorn and smiled at you. "You are the brightest witch in this class by far, Miss (Y/l/n)! Ten points to Gryffindor for the correct answer."

Sirius Black, who occupied the last seats in the back of the classroom with his friends, sighed in annoyance. "Excellent, excellent, Miss Know-It-All," he mimicked the professor and the rest of the Marauders tried to muffle their laughs. Lily Evans sent Sirius a death glare and passed him a note.

Don't be so full of yourself, Black. You don't know (Y/n) as well as I do. It would be wise for you to leave her alone. And maybe you should appreciate the fact that she's helping Gryffindor win the House Cup at the end of the year.

Sirius passed around the note and the boys made fun of Lily... Except for Remus. At the end of the lesson, as they were all leaving the dungeons, the Marauders still talked about you. Of course you had heard them laughing when you spoke up in class, but you couldn't care less. You were used to bullies and they couldn't get to you anymore.

"(Y/n)," said Sirius as he blocked your way. "You have only collected 25 points to Gryffindor during Potions today. How are we going to win the House Cup like this?"

Everyone started laughing around you and smiled back at him. "Maybe if you stopped breaking rules all the time with your little boy band, it would be easier for us all to collect points, don't you think?"

"Afraid of breaking rules?" laughed Sirius again.

"No. In fact, I believe in its necessity. I'm afraid of fools like you who have absolutely no idea of doing it discreetly without getting caught all the time. Now if you'll excuse me," you said and brushed past him.

"You got owned, Padfoot," stated James Potter as he patted his friend's shoulder.

"I like her," blurted out Moony.

Sirius looked at you as you confidently strode up the stairs. "Hopeless case. I bet she's never broken any rules."

"I bet you ten galleons that she did."

Sirius looked at Remus with a smirk. "The bet is on."

...

It was two o'clock in the morning and you casually strolled the restricted section of the library. You loved the place, because nobody would disturb you and you could learn interesting spells that nobody would have taught you at school. That day you decided to read the book called Magick Moste Evile, not because you wanted to use dark magic, but because you wanted to know every aspect of magic there is. You found the book absolutely disgusting, but your curiosity made you carry on. Suddenly, you heard a loud crash and voices whisper.

"Moony, you stepped on my foot!"

"It's not my fault, Padfoot! I can't see a thing in this stupid cloak!"

"Hey, my cloak is not stupid."

"Whatever, Prongs."

You rolled your eyes and used a muffling charm so that Filch or Mrs Norris wouldn't hear the boys. But you also knew that it was most likely too late for that.

"Just shut up! You're making too much noise and we'll be discovered if-"

"Oh really?" you asked sarcastically.

You heard Pettigrew squeal and the rest of the boys making surprised noises. Then suddenly the four boys appeared in front of you when James removed the invisibility cloak from them.

"I can't believe my eyes," said James and grinned. "(Y/n) in the restricted section."

"I believe that's going to be ten galleons, Padfoot." Remus smiled and held out his hand. Sirius cursed under his breath, looked through his pockets and slammed the money into Remus' hand.

You closed the book and put it back where you had found it. "Now," you began, "we have exactly two minutes to find out what to do before Filch arrives. Since you got me into trouble, I really do hope there's a fifth place under that cloak of yours, Potter."

James' grin widened as he held the cloak out for everyone to get under it. Just when you all did, Filch slammed the library door open and frantically looked around, lighting every corner with his lantern. After not finding anything, he left. You all went back to the Gryffindor common room, deciding that it was enough adventure for you that night.

...

The things you had read in that book about dark magic kept you awake, so you took a piece of parchment and ink with you and sat down in the common room. You started taking notes about the new things you had learned, when you heard someone coming. You looked up and you met Remus' gaze. "May I join you?" asked the boy.

"Please," you said and smiled a little.

"Can't sleep?"

"Something like that."

Remus sat down next to you and took your notes from you. Examining the paper, he looked up at you with a lopsided smile. "I hope you're not planning on using these."

"Merlin's beard, no!"

"That's good to hear. Because I was just about to ask you out and I really don't want to experience any of these spells," joked Remus and looked at you with a soft expression on his face.

"Ask me out? Like on a date?"

Remus kept looking into your eyes and simply nodded.

You smiled at him. "Alright. I'll go out with you."

He smiled back at you and took your hand in his.

"Do you want to know when our first date is going to be?" you asked him.

"By all means," replied Remus.

"It's happening right now," you said cockily, earning a small laugh from the boy.

"Alright then. Do you want to when our first kiss is going to happen?"

"What...?" you asked him with a puzzled expression on your face.

Remus gently placed a hand on the side of your face and whispered, "It's happening right now."

He leaned in a softly kissed your lips.

Author's note

Thank you so much for reading the first part. For now while I'm getting started, I'm not going to take requests, but later on I'll might, so keep an eye out for the author's notes throughout the chapters.

I hope you'll join me on this epic journey. I'm very excited to finally write about the Marauders and You!

Vote and comment! ❤

Take care you guys.