Remus Lupin x Slytherin!Reader (pandaisbored's Request)

"Watch where you're going, (Y/n)," said Sirius Black as he bumped into you on purpose, almost knocking you over

"Watch where you're going, (Y/n)," said Sirius Black as he bumped into you on purpose, almost knocking you over. Your books spilled all over the floor of the corridor. James Potter and Peter Pettigrew went as far as using your Divination book as a football and trying to score goals to each other in their imaginary football pitch.

You hexed the book and it bit James' ankle the next time he tried to kick it. He screamed out and laughed, grabbing Pettigrew and dragging him away. "Come on, the Slytherin can't even take a joke."

"This wasn't a joke, Prongs."

You looked behind your shoulder and saw Remus Lupin. You sort of expected him to join in as well, since you saw the four of them hanging out with each other all the time.

"Oooh, here comes the prefect, boys!" James shouted and grinned at his friend. "Since when do we stand up for Slytherins, Moony? For her?"

"I can stand up for myself," you sneered and started collecting your books.

"You're a sly liar, (Y/l/n)," James said casually and started walking away. "And so is all your House and family."

Remus kneeled down next to you and helped you collect your books.

"Thanks," you said and looked straight into his eyes. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," he said and smiled reassuringly.

"Did you help me against your will because you're a prefect or did you help me because you wanted to help me?"

"Very straightforward," examined Lupin. "But very prejudicial as well. I helped you, because I wanted to."

You smiled at him. "Very honest," you mimicked him. "But very attractive as well. I think I'll see you around, because I want to."

Remus watched you go, and his smile and his admiration for you had only grown with each step you took.

...

"I don't want to keep it a secret anymore."

"Remus, I-"

Remus grabbed your hand and squeezed it. "They'll just have to accept you! Even Sirius admitted you were quite okay! And Peter said he even liked you!"

"And what did James say?" you asked with a bitter expression on your face. "Oh yes, 'I'd never trust her in a million years, why in the name of Merlin would I let her close to us?'"

Remus sighed and shook his head a little. "He doesn't know you."

"He doesn't want to know me because of my family," you said.

"The Potters have never been on good terms with the (Y/l/n)s, so what?"

You snorted a little. "'Good terms', Remus? Our families have been rivals for centuries."