Lily Evans

"Potter is looking at you

"Potter is looking at you. Again."

Lily Evans, your best friend just groaned. "Well, I don't want him to!"

"That's too bad," you laughed, "because he can't take his eyes off you!"

"Too bad for him," retorted Lily, "because I don't want anything from him."

You sighed and looked at the beautiful redhead. Lily had been single for all her life and you really wanted her to experience love - even though the idea of her being with someone else hurt you greatly. You had a grave secret, and that secrets was that you fell in love with her. But your love had been deeper than only to want her to be yours, you wanted her to be happy. So you teased her every time a boy made a move on her, just to see her happy in a relationship experiencing the sensation of being loved.

The two of you sat in the Great Hall while James Potter and his entourage consisting of the Marauders kept glancing at Lily. She sighed and looked at you. "I don't know how to tell him I don't want anything from him."

"Lily, that's crazy!" you cried and leaned closer to her. "James Potter is probably the most handsome guy in Gryffindor. He's charming, sometimes funny, good-looking and fun to hang out with. Of course, he can be a git at times, but he's still far better than the rest of your suitors."

Lily gave you a look and said, "I'm not convinced, but you sure sound like someone who's head over heels for him."

You sighed and looked away. Of only she'd knew how much you'd fantasized about her, she wouldn't have said that. "I don't fancy him."

"Yeah," Lily grinned and nudged you with her elbow. "Surely you don't."

You hung your head and picked at your food. Lily looked at you, her grin fading and a worried expression taking over her face. "(Y/n), what's wrong? Did I say something bad? Have I insulted you in any way?"

You shook your head. "No, Lils, it's just... It's... I like someone else. And even talking about it hurts, because that person will never like me. That's why I won't even mention the person's name." You looked up and saw Lily's utterly sad face.

"I see. You know, James Potter is nothing compared you. I wanted to tell you this somehow else, but being your friend also denied me to do otherwise." She stood up and looked down on you with a small miserable smile. "If he's never going to like you, then he doesn't deserve you at all. Personally, you're the only person I could ever truly love and it's not going to change."

Lily started to walk away, but you grabbed her hand. "Who said it was a 'he'?" you muttered and smiled at her, letting all that love you had for her shine in your eyes. Lily slowly sank down next to you on the bench and squeezed your hand. "You..." she began, but she couldn't finish it.

"Yes, I like you. And I'll go even further - I love you, Lily Evans. But never in my wildest dreams have I thought you'd might feel the same for me."

Lily stood up and pulled you with her.

"Wait! Where are we going?"

She looked over her shoulder with a mischievous grin on her face. "I can't kiss you here with everyone watching now, can I?"

Author's note

Hey lovelies,

REQUESTS ARE FINALLY OPEN!!

Vote and comment!