Remus Lupin x Heartbroken!Reader

"I can't seem to make anything right," you said desperately and hung your head as you walked into the Gryffindor common room with your best friend Dean

"I can't seem to make anything right," you said desperately and hung your head as you walked into the Gryffindor common room with your best friend Dean. You fell down on a sofa and Dean sat next to you. "(Y/n), you can't blame yourself for this-"

"He told me I was his biggest mistake and that I keep him awake every night!"

"Yeah, and you know why?" asked Dean angrily. "Because he's a bloody git, that's why!"

"No, it's because I messed up! I messed up and now he's gone because of me," you said and wiped away a tear with the sleeve of your oversized sweater.

"It's over, (Y/n). He's gone. And I feel for you, I really do. However, I can't help but feel glad as well. Because I know he's never going to be able to hurt you again."

Dean stood up and yawned a little. "Looks like I need my beauty sleep."

"Go, Dean," you said and smiled a little. "Good night."

...

My heart raced as I overheard their conversation. Could that be true that (Y/n) was single again? Last time I dared to speak to her, she had still been dating that Slytherin guy. I remembered the bruises I'd seen on her forearms during that conversation. I'd been stupid enough to ask her about them - she'd brushed me off with a small laugh and a poor excuse and hadn't talked to me ever since. But this conversation made me see things in a new light. I put my book down with determination that even Padfoot and Prongs looked up.

"Moony...?" asked Prongs slowly. "What's up, buddy?"

"I'm going to talk to (Y/n)," I said as if this were the most normal thing in the world.

Padfoot made a funny and confused face. "Mate... You've been after her for months now... And for the last couple of days, you didn't even dare to speak to her. What's happened?"

"Nothing," I said confidently and stood up.

James sighed and shook his head a little. "Let him, Pads. He's a big boy now, a Prefect, he can look after himself. After all it's just a girl, not a dragon."

I left my friends behind and sat down next to (Y/n). She looked up with a tired, yet surprised expression on her face. I saw that she was trying to hide the fact that she had been crying. She tried to fake a careless smile. "Hey, Remus. Let me guess - you want to know when we'll start working on the Transfiguration project together, right?"

"No, (Y/n)," I said and looked right into her eyes. "I just wanted you to know that tears really bring out your eyes. But also I hate seeing them."

Her facade had fallen and a shocked and kind of broken expression appeared on her beautiful face. She sniffled a little and try to stop the fresh tears already appearing in her eyes. (Y/n) cleared her throat and ran her fingers through her matted hair. "Remus..."

I took her hand in mine and squeezed it a little. "I'm here."

"You don't have to do this," she whispered and lowered her gaze.

"But I want to do this," I said and I was being absolutely sincere. Her (e/c) eyes met mine and I saw the ghost of a smile appear on her lips, causing me to break out in a smile as well. "Will you let me help you?"

...

You looked at Dean nervously and he smiled at you. "You look absolutely fantastic, (Y/n)."

"Are you sure, Dean?" you asked. "The dress-"

"The dress is perfect, (Your/annoying/nickname)," he joked. "You know I wouldn't let my best friend get married in some ugly dress."

You smiled at him and hugged him one last time. He grinned at you and opened the huge doors of the church. You looked down the small isle decorated with flowers and evergreens and followed the path with your eyes to the altar where you saw Remus John Lupin. Your Remus John Lupin. The man who helped you become yourself again after an abusive relationship. The man who gave you enough time but supported you at the same time. The man who taught you how to love again. The man with whom you'd fallen in love only though conversations. Your knees almost gave in when you set your eyes on your man and love filled your chest. 

Remus heard the few guests stop chattering and he turned around. His eyes widened when he saw you in your wedding gown with pretty flowers in your hair and a beautiful bouqet in your hands. He blinked a couple of times and gulped. Sirius, his best man jokingly elbowed him and Remus shook his head a little to get himself together. He was still in awe, but he started smiling the biggest and brightest smile you had ever seen from him. Seeing him this happy was your goal - you couldn't give him much and you would never be able to repay what he had done for you, but this was the least you could do.

(A/N: Vote if you love Remus!!! <3)