James Potter x Deatheater!Reader (RadioActiveArtist1's Request)

(A/n: My book has reached 1k! Thank you so much! You made this all happen guys! I'd like to thank you for your support and requests!
This takes place during the First Wizarding War.)

James Potter

James Potter. The only light you had ever had in your life. You didn't know why you kept thinking about him as Regulus hugged you. He broke up with you two years ago to be with Lily Evans, that girl who was everything you weren't. You had always been a very dark girl with a great interest towards the dark arts, but James made you see things differently. He made you see that becoming a Death Eater wasn't your only chance in succeeding in life.

But he left you. He ignored you after he'd got what he wanted from you. He couldn't save you from turning to the dark. When he dumped you like a worthless plastic cup, he pushed you towards the only person who was more twisted and dark and cruel than you - Voldemort.

...

"No, James! There's too many of them," yelled Sirius. "We've got to go!"

James panted as he ran after his friend, blocking the Death Eaters' curses. They attacked an innocent Muggle family and the Order of the Phoenix somehow found out about the attack. James had volunteered to go, alongside with Sirius and Remus. Lily pleaded him not to go, but it was out of the question for him. He wasn't going to let innocent people get hurt by those savages. Not on his watch.

"Too many of them, brother?"

"Regulus," Sirius hissed and stopped in his tracks.

James knew this didn't mean any good. If Sirius started fighting his brother, they'd never get out of there alive. But as soon as those thoughts emerged in his brain, the two brothers started dueling and he had no choice but to help is friend. Together, they easily overpowered Regulus, and when an Ethan, an other member of the Order and their new friend arrived there and helped, Regulus had been almost defeated.

Almost. You made sure he wasn't. Though not being able to love him, you'd save the last person who still truly cares about you any time. It was all just two words and a flash of green light erupting from your wand. That was all it took and Ethan fell on the ground like a rag doll. Dead.

There was a moment of silence and stillness when nobody moved. You knew there was no turning back for you. Not anymore. You wanted James Potter to know what he created. A monster, ready to kill and tear lives apart without a shred of remorse. Sirius took a step back in fear. They hadn't seen your face yet, because your dark hood concealed it well. But James came forward.

"Show yourself, coward," he yelled and looked you with hatred.

"Coward?" you asked faintly and let your hood fall back. "You call me a coward? Me, who's been to hell and back?"

"(Y/n)," James gasped your name.

You slowly walked up to Regulus who looked grateful for your support.

"This isn't you, (Y/n)," James began. "It's not... You're good, you're not... not this!"

"I haven't always been like this, James. Remember?" you asked and smiled coldly. "Look into my eyes and tell me - do you like what you've created?"

James teared up. Letting you go had been his hardest decision in his life, but he became frightened at the last minute and backed out. He was afraid of committing to you, a person who had been constantly pulled to the dark. He knew you would have been too much work, so he broke up with you and fled, even though it broke his heart to do so.

"(Y/n)... I'm so sorry."

"(Y/n)..." you said slowly. "Yes, you used to call me that."

You looked deeply into his eyes with a cold stare that sent chills down James' spine. "And I used to be your (Y/n). But now just call me your conscience. Because I'll never let you rest and hopefully in the end I'll kill you."

The words you said were the closure you needed. Leaving your past behind, you raised your wand and readied yourself for the fight of your life with a twisted grin.

(A/n: It's a little dark and a little weird, but hopefully some of you out there will like it. Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I had to re-write the whole part again because Wattpad decided to delete all of it for the first time...
Vote and comment! ❤)