Remus Lupin x Werewolf!Reader (_cereal-reviver_'s Request)

You looked down on your arm

You looked down on your arm. The bite had already healed, but it left a nasty scar on your arm. Dumbledore was a saint in your eyes. As soon as you had gotten the bite, your parents contacted him and to your biggest surprise, he had been more than willing to have you back at Hogwarts next school year. He'd said that necessary precautions would have to be taken, but other than that you were welcomed. Of course your condition had to stay a secret so the other students wouldn't freak out.

Foolish, foolish girl. You just had to go after that man at night, didn't you? Now look what you've done to yourself, you thought to yourself as you pulled your coat tighter around you. For a September morning it was rather cold. You refused to sit with your friends on the train and saved yourself an empty compartment. It was terrifying how much you had changed in just a summer. Your outgoing and friendly personality morphed into a shy and rather closed one. You were afraid of hurting anyone, so you decided to cut out everyone from your life. No friends, no boyfriends, no girlfriends, no buddies. Just the good old you against the world.

The compartment door slided open and a boy popped in his head. "HI. COULD WE JOIN YOU??"

"Sirius, you don't have to yell," said a boy with scars on his face. You recognized him - he was Remus Lupin, and his friend was Sirius Black. You had seen the boys - them, James Potter and Peter Pettigrew - hanging out all the time.

"Hey. Sorry about him," said Remus and smiled apologetically. "He meant to say that all the other compartments are full and we would like to join you."

"Sure," you said and hugged yourself even tighter.

"YO PRONGS!" yelled Sirius as he left the compartment to fetch James and Peter.

"Sorry about them," said Remus and sat down across you. "You're (Y/n) (Y/l/n), right?"

"Mhm."

"I'm Remus John Lu-"

"I know who you are," you said and forced a little smile on your face. You had always fancied him, because there was something about that boy you found captivating. He wasn't the loudest, he wasn't the most handsome, but he was a great mystery, a sarcastic and intelligent boy, and above all else he was kind to everyone. You had wanted to get to know him before you got bitten, but after that you forced yourself not to think about him anymore. 

Remus was seemingly uncomfortable with your coldness and felt a little hurt.

...

(Y/n) pulled up her hood and let her hair fall in front of her face. I sighed and looked at the girl curled up in the corner. I'd been watching her for quite some time and this was very unlike her. She had been the kind of girl who had never been alone - she had lots of friends and people had been drawn to her kind smile and witty remarks like moths to a flame. There was no use in denying the fact that I liked her. A lot. Ever since Professor Slughorn paired me up with her on a Potions assignment, I couldn't stop thinking about her (h/c) locks and (e/c) eyes and sweet smile. Padfoot kept teasing me with her and Prongs started giving me dating advice, but I had never had to courage to ask her out yet. I planned on asking her out this year, but her sudden change shocked me.