Sirius Black x Triwizard Champion!Reader (RadioActiveArtist1's Request)

(A/n: Let's just imagine the Triwizard Tournament happened in the Marauder's era! :3 Thanks to RadioActiveArtist1 for the amazing idea!)

You sighed nervously. Putting your name in the Goblet of Fire was one thing, but your stomach was in a knot on the day the champions were selected. Your boyfriend, Sirius Black and your friends, the Marauders convinced you to join. They weren't mistaken for advising you to give it a try, because you were a bright witch and you were ahead of your age. If anyone then you had a chance at getting through the trials and winning the cup.

"Just eat something," Sirius nudged you gently.

"I can't, Sirius." You pushed your plate away. "I can't even swallow a bite."

"Can't swallow? That's a new thing, isn't it-"

Remus elbowed Sirius hard and shook his head, indicating for him to shut up.

"You look pale," observed James as he took a huge bite out of his toast.

"Did you know that during the last tournament, one of the champions died?" asked Peter casually as he piled sausages on his plate. Remus groaned and your hands started trembling.

"Don't listen to them, (Y/n)," said your good friend, Remus. "It's not even sure yet that you are going to participate. But if you are going to be selected as Hogwart's champion, we'll stand by you and help you. You're not alone. They," said Remus and gestured at the boys, "might be idiots, but they're with you as well."

"Moony, that was so touching," cried Sirius dramatically and wiped away fake tears from his eyes. "Hold me?"

"Fuck you..." Remus muttered under his breath.

Sirius laughed and curled an arm around your shoulders. "Baby, you're going to be amazing. You know it as well, don't be so humble."

You snuggled to your boyfriend and he chuckled and kissed your hair.

"Now, sweetheart, you'll need your strength to win, right?"

You smiled faintly at Sirius and nodded.

"Good. Then be a good girl and eat something. Don't make me feed you," he joked and poked your side.

You laughed a little and took his advice.

...

You sat in the Gryffindor common room numbly as everyone came to congratulate you. The whole house was celebrating that Hogwart's champion was a Gryffindor student. The Marauders hadn't left your side all night and kept you company.

"You know, (Y/n), the only negative side of you being the champion is that you won't be able to make it to Quidditch practice," said James and looked genuinely sad.

"Really, Prongs?" asked Sirius. "How can Quidditch be your biggest concern even now?"

"What? Quidditch is important," joined in Peter.

"Come on, Wormtail, you should..."

You stood up and quickly slipped out of the common room. You found a quiet corridor with big open windows. You sat down and took out a pack of cigarettes. You weren't a big smoker, but you were so nervous that you needed a cigarette now more than ever. You couldn't forget Peter's words - you could even die! That wasn't what you had signed up for. You thought you might not be enough for this task.

"(Y/n)?!"

You heard Sirius shouting your name on the corridor.

"I'm here," you spoke up, but didn't move.

Sirius ran up to you and found you smoking, sitting on the stone windowsill.

"Hey, baby. You just disappeared, I was worried."

"I'm okay," you said and smiled at him faintly.

"I thought you quitted smoking."

"I did," you replied and took a drag of your cigarette.

Sirius sat down behind you and pulled you on his lap. He hugged you tightly and rested his chin on your shoulder. "Listen here, baby girl. You just be awesome and concentrate on winning, okay? Leave the worrying to me."

"You're worried?"

"Of course I am!" he exclaimed and placed a kiss on your face. "I don't want any harm to come to my best girl."

"Nothing is going to happen if you stay by my side."

Sirius hugged you even tighter. "I promise you I'll stay by your side. You're not alone and you never will be."