Chapter 1

"There goes your boy!" my friend, Nina squeals as my ex crush, Troy Robbinson walks by us. Now you must be wondering, why is my best friend calling my old crush my bae? The truth is I'm afraid to tell her that I have moved on. I've been over Troy for 5 months now and moved on to another guy but she doesn't know.

It's not that I don't trust her, she's my best friend, it's just I'm afraid of what she will judge me of the guy I have a crush on now.

I know what your thinking, she's my best friend she wouldn't judge me for who I liked, and that I have nothing to worry about, but my crush is the schools bad boy, Ace Mcalls. She would freak if I told her that I liked the schools bad boy. So, to play along with the little act, I put on a 'I'm so in love with him' face and smile as he walks by.

A feeling of guilt swirls around in my stomach as I close my locker, and begin to walk with Nina to first period. Troy wasn't in that class. In fact he wasn't in any of my classes, yet I still used to loved him. He was new to this school last year so I don't really know him quite yet but my mission was to talk to him more.

You see, that plan failed when I realized that Troy was really shy guy and he doesn't talk to much people.  I'd try talking to him and he would either turn the other way or act like he didn't hear me. I finally got over him when I started paying more attention to Ace. He was in a all of my classes except one which made it better to see him. I don't even think he knows I exist.

"Come on Maddie were gonna be late to class" Nina says knocking me out of my daydream. I nod and we both start running down the hallway to our first period class. Entering the room the first person I spot is Ace, over with his friend laughing and smiling. His smile always gives me butterflies.

"Alright everyone take your seats" Mr. Halaway says walking to the front of the classroom with his pointer in his hand. I sigh and walk to my seat which is two seats behind Ace. Jenny, the girl that sits in front of me was not here today which lets me get a extra good view of the back of Ace's head.

Ace turns around slightly to talk to Jenny, but since she wasn't here today and the person he sees instead is me. Quickly he turns back to face the front of the room where Mr. Halaway is pointing to the Africa map on the PowerPoint he is showing the whole class.

I look back down at the notebook that is sitting on my desk as I continue to doodle little drawings of me and Ace sitting together and draw a big heart around it.

"Madison" my head shoots up to the front of the room where I heard my name.

"Uh y-yes" I stutter looking at Mr. Halaway as he gazes at me.

"The answer please." He says and I look around the room to see a bunch of people staring at me. Ace continues to look forward, thankfully not even noticing probably that I'm the one being picked to answer the question.

"Uh.. what was the question sir?" I speak aloud and he sighs looking away.

"Can someone tell me what I asked Ms Renea?" he finally says after the dramatic sigh that he gave. I rolled my eyes and looked at Nina who was scilently laughing. I gave her a quick death stare and flipped her off hiding my finger under the desk so no one but her can see.

"Mr Mcall" My gaze shot back to the front where I see Mr Halaway pointing to Ace.

"You asked what year the bombing of Pearl Harbor happened." Mr Halaways face lightened up and he looked back at me. Ace turns around and begins smirking, and I ignore the smirk plastered on his face and look to the front.

"December 7, 1941, sir" I say redeeming myself from what had just happened.

"Thank you." he said and continued to keep teaching.