Chapter 6

Picture- Maddie Renea
-----------

Turning on the tv, I look through all of the channels to tune out my mom with. All morning she has been talking about how her new friend from work will be staying with us for the weekend. I don't know much about her, all I know is her name is Tessa, and her husband is using the house for something to do with his business so my mom invited him to stay with us. Apparently, from what I have heard, she has a small daughter named Ella who is about two years old. I love little kids, I always have, sometimes I even wish my mom would have another kid just so I could play with him/her, but since I don't have a dad anymore that's not going to happen. Looking over at my mom, I notice a smile on her face as she looks at her phone.

"Mom what're you smiling at?" I laugh, and she directs her attention back to me immediately making her smile disappear.

"Darling go get ready for school, Nina should be here in five minutes." She says looking at her golden watch on her wrist.

My mom normally never makes an excuse to not answer a question I ask, but like she said I get up and skip up the steps into my room, grab my school bag and go back to the kitchen to wait for Nina. I notice the sunrise is just coming up since it is only seven a.m, it's beautiful. It's a mixture of pink, orange, and blue. I always have loved watching the sunrise, especially when we are at the beach. The only bad thing is, my mind takes me to a place of hope, where things that are unlikely to happen, play scenes through my mind.

I get a scene of me and Ace holding hands, and hugging, and kissing. I so wish Ace was mine, I so badly want him to be. A flashback from the dance comes to mind where our faces were so close and if I had moved my head up two inches our lips would've met. Even though I know I couldn't, I really wanted to. Me and Nina have decided that the 'playing hard to get' card is the best card to play. I can't just make it so easy for him to get me, then he will get bored of me quicklier, and I sure as hell don't want that to happen.

Ace was being so nice to me the night of the dance though that it took all I had in me to not just connect the gap in between us-

"Maddie! Lets go were gonna be late!" Nina squeals, waking me from my trance. I follow her out to the car, absolutely dreading the wrath I will possibly get from Rebecca today.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So freaking glad it's Friday." I sigh closing my locker, holding my books in my right hand. Looking at the end of the hall, of course I see Rebecca, with Gigi and Violet doing their little slutty strut with short skirts and a tank top that barely covers the sight of their boobs. Rolling my eyes I tighten the grip on my books, with nervousness that's she gonna come up to me and ruin my life.

I glance at Nina and she has the same scared face, and now I know that I'm in trouble. Grabbing Ninas wrist, I swiftly walk the other way down the hallway to my next class, which is math. Ace is in that class with me so I focus on the fact that I'm excited to see him.

Today is Friday Maddie, you just have to avoid Rebecca for today and everything will be okay.

As soon as we enter the classroom the teacher shuts the door saving me from the sluts down the hall trying to ruin my entire senior year. My eyes meet Aces and he stares, and I stare back but soon after break the glance and take my seat in the back of the classroom, a couple of seats away from Ace.

Class goes by really slowly, me and Ace exchange a couple of glares back and forth which makes me blush everytime. But once class is over, we have lunch. It's been two days since the dance and me and Ace haven't talked since... I feel all awkward to talk to him now.