Chapter 20

I lay on my bed thanking the lord above me that it is a Saturday. My laptop in my lap, and Greys Anatomy on the screen with a bag of popcorn sitting by my side. I have finally made it to season four, and it's only been a couple of weeks since I started the show.

I begin to get into the show before I hear a loud knocking sound from my door, and pull out my headphones and get up to see who it is. Twisting the doorknob, I reveal the person standing outside my door.

"Hey." He says and a look of shock appears on my face.

"Ace, what're you doing here?" I asked quietly.

"I wanted to pass everything that happened the other day, we can't let that stop us from being friends, we have been through so much we can't let that stop us."

I smile at what he says. I'm glad he doesn't want to make it all awkward, because truthfully, I still love him, and the last thing I would want to do is lose him completely.

"I don't want it to stop us from being friends either." I smile and he leans in for a hug, and I happily hug him. The warmth of his body touching mine sends shocks through my spine. I love being so close to him and I wish I could do this all the time, but I can't. I can't get in the way of somebody else's relationship, especially the girl who could ruin my high school life. Plus, she seems happy, and we all gotta keep her happy or she goes crazy trying to ruin people's life for no apparent reason.

I pull back away from him untangling my arms from his and look up at him. I stare into his blue beautiful eyes and my heart melts. There's a little sparkle in them which makes me only melt more. Why does he have to have blue eyes?

I finally look away thinking about how awkward it was getting, and clear my breath to break the silence.

"So." I say and he breaks out of his trance too.

"What're you here for?" I asked.

"To make things okay with us." He smiled.

"Well everything is okay now." I smile back.

He looks at me for a little while again and then turns away.

He walks around my room examining everything in there.

"Your rooms so girly." He laughs and I let out a small laugh as well.

"Well, I am a girl." I laugh. He turns toward me with a daring look and a smirk on his face.

"Where the proof, princess?" My face heats up at the fact he called me princess. Hearing him call me that makes me melt every time, but I can't let him know that. I look away so he won't see the blush on my face.

"Your cute when you blush." I scoff and turn away going up to my dresser and leaning against it. Silence fills the room and we awkwardly stand there for a couple of minutes before he breaks the silence.

"So, when are you meeting your dad?" He asks and my stomach drops. I have to meet him tomorrow, and I'm scared. I don't want to talk to him after all he has done to me and my family. But I have to, or he will let us live alone on the streets, as mean as it sounds my dad doesn't care about us.

"Tomorrow." I whisper, and he can't hear it. "Tomorrow." I repeat loud enough so he could hear me. I turn around to face him and he in nodding.

"I hope everything turns out okay, and look, if he hits you, call me." I nod my head with a smile knowing that he's willing to protect me.

"But look, I gotta go." He says and a frown appears on my face before I quickly wipe it away so he doesn't know that I'm wanting him to stay.

"Finally." I sigh in relief replaced with a laugh and he turns back around.

"Oh princess we both know you wanted me here." He winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Get out." I giggle and he walks out the door and I follow behind him, shutting the door. I turn around, leaning against the door, with a small smile on my face.

I really have it bad for him, and I don't know how i'm going to ever get over him but I have to. I need to face the fact that I will never be with him so I need to stop trying.

He's not mine, and he never will be.

My plan in the beginning was so stupid, why did I ever think I could get him? He's way too good for me, and I'd have to go against the meanest, most popular girl in the whole school. It's not even worth it because with him I would probably just end up heartbroken anyways, he's a heartbreaker.

He would only do the same thing he's doing with Rebecca. I don't have time for a heartbreak. I have so much in my life already going on, I don't want to add to the list of stuff I need to cry about but never do because I am scared someone would walk in my room, and the last thing I would want to do is tell them why I'm crying.

I hate people seeing me cry, I can't stand it. Some people judge and it's so stupid because they don't know how it is to live with a life where your dad used to beat you, and now is wanting to meet for lunch or he will stop paying for the house. Our life is in his hands, at any time he could just randomly stop paying for the house and make me and my mom suffer and live on the streets and I can't let that happen

So whatever he tells me I have to do, I have to do it.