Chapter 12

A week. It's been a week since I have spoken to Ace. Everytime he tried to come up to me in the hallways, I'd just look at him and turn the opposite direction. I wanted to talk to him, so badly that is. But I couldn't. If Rebecca told the whole school about my dad I don't know what I would do anymore, and Ace wouldn't want to hang out with me anymore so either way I'd lose him and might as well get the hard part over with and avoiding him now then losing him, and having the whole school know my dad is a sphyco.

My mom told me that my dad kept trying to get in contact with her, and she just kept ignoring his calls. She tried blocking his number, but somehow still figured a way to call her and bother her.

Walking over to the bay window that was a couple of feet away from my bed, I sit onto the soft cushion pulling my knees up to my chest and holding my legs. The bright sun shines onto my face and I just stare out at the field that belongs to the neighbors that's located at the back of my house.

I hear my phone ding and I let my feet drop to the floor going over to my nightstand, grabbing my phone unlocking it and reading the message.

Why did you stand me up last night?

-Justin

Crap.

Shit.

Freak.

I had totally forgotten about the date last night. After I had told Ace to leave, me and Nina were talking for a while and we just fell asleep without even knowing it.

Me and Nina had a great talk, I love the moment when your friends stay over that you just have all these deep conversations and you can just tell them anything.

Although the idea of telling her about my father never came to thought.

I didn't know what to say to Justin so I just shut off my phone, not responding to the text message.

I hear soft sounds of footsteps coming up the steps and in the hallway towards my room.

The doorknob begins to turn and it finally opens.

"Hey Maddie!" The person squeals opening the door even more so that I can see who they are.

"Violet!" I squeal at the fact she's home from college today.

I throw my phone on the bed running up and giving her a big hug. I haven't seen Violet in months, she knows nothing about the drama going on with the boys in my school and boy do I have lots to tell her.

"I was thinking we could go grab some breakfast?" She asks and I smile.

"That'd be great! I have so much to tell you." I sigh walking over to my closet throwing a pink laced top on my bed along with a pair of skinny jeans.

"Same, Ill be downstairs, come down when your ready and we can go." I send a nod her way and she exits my room.

I pull on the skinny jeans and pink top, going over to the mirror trying to decide what I wanted to do with my hair.

Pulling it into a high ponytail, I examine it with the outfit I was wearing them decide to take it down and go with a side braid instead.