Chapter 23

I slowly slide out of my bed trying to keep my eyes open long enough so I can make it to the bathroom. I look at the time and it reads 7:30 letting me know I have 30 minutes before class starts.

I pick out a pair of leggings with a white simply southern shirt and make my way to the bathroom so I can grab a quick shower before school starts.

Turning on the faucet, I let the cold water run on my hand before switching it to the warm, streaky tempature I usually use in the shower, and step in, pushing the curtains back.

I let the water run down my hair and all the way down my back as I start to drift back into my thoughts. I remember laying with Ace yesterday morning, after I met with my dad.

Ace comforted me. He made me feel safe and made me feel like I was at home again, but to my luck, he has only been acting as a friend lately. A kinda friend where they comfort you when your sad, someone you can tell all of your secrets to and you can trust them to not tell a single soul if you didn't want them to, that kind of friend.

I have to admit it is kind of depressing that we can't be more, but I am okay with that. I don't want a huge relationship, because my last one did not end very well. I ended up getting hurt.

Ace is one of the players in my school. He didn't seem like one when I first met him, but from what I found out from what he's been trying to do with me, when he's dating Rebecca, shows a lot, and I'm not ready to let my heart fall for someone who will probably do the same as he's been doing to her.

I finish washing out the Vanilla Bean shampoo from my hair, and grab a towel from the rack right next to me, placing it around my slim body letting all the water sob up into it, before placing it all around my hair so it can dry too.

I slip on my white simply southern shirt, and my comfortable black leggings, before stepping out of the bathroom and walking over to my dresser.

I pull down the towel that was wrapped securely around my hair and comb through it with my wet brush. Deciding that I want to actually look decent today, I put on a small dab of mascara around my eyelashes before looking in the mirror at my daily look.

Before I know it I hear a loud car horn in my front yard, and I know it's Nina. Skipping down the steps, and out the door I meet her in the car, sliding into the passengers seat and she starts driving while I play with the music.

There's really no good music channels in the morning, it's mostly just morning talk shows and boring shit.

"You know we could play my One Direction CD?" She says with a suspicious smile on her face batting her eyes as she exchanges glance from the road to me.

I look at her for a minute thinking if I should, I mean it would be better than listening to boring talk shows all the way to school, so why not?

"Fine." I say and she begins bouncing up and down in her seat as she squeals.

"Focus on the road!" I yell and do a quick silent prayer to myself that we live the drive to school.

"Oh right." She says and begins driving again and I do a small face palm to the side as I open the case to her CD and slide it in the CD player.

I play around with the arrows that change the songs, before picking one that I like, called History.

I sit back against my seat and listen to the melody before I hear Nina singing to my side.

"You and me, gotta whole lotta history duh duh, we can be the greatest thing-"

"Nina." I say and she turns her head my way.