Chapter 2

I woke up the next day with a massive bruise on the side of my leg from where I hit into Ace yesterday at the ice cream shop. It kind of bummed me with how rude he was, but I'll get over it. I mean I was stupid to think that maybe he would be nice to me and maybe he felt some feelings for me. That was all just a hope because it obviously didn't happen, now I'm just embarrassed.

I rub my eyes softly grabbing the pillow from under my head and throwing it overtop of my face and groaning loudly at the thought of going to school today. I looked up startled as my doorknob began turning and my older sister Violet walked in. She was 18 but still lived in the house. She had a boyfriend named Jared and was thinking about moving in with him next year.

"You woke me up." She growled at me with bags under her eyes showing that she was really tired.

"I don't care. Look I need my laptop back I have a essay due next week" I tell her and she gives me a death stare.

"No." She says boldly. I look at her taken a back a bit. That was my computer. I turned to look at my alarm clock.

"Shit get out of my room I gotta get ready!" I scream and throw a pillow at her and the door closes before it can hit her. Jumping out of bed I grab the first thing I see in my closet which consists of sweat pants and a 5SOS shirt that I got at last years concert.

I stare at myself in the mirror debating whether I need a shower or not. brushing off the question I grab my bag off of my bed and pushing it onto my shoulder and walking down the steps walking straight out the door. messing with my thumb I nervously walk to school since Nina cancled on driving me today.

My first class for today was gym and boy I hate gym with a passion with my coach. Mr Frontier, mean and always makes us play dodgeball. I meet Nina in the hallway and we walk together to the scary class before us and push the doors open, walking in.

Ace was in the corner with his girlfriend, Rebecca and they were talking. I narrowed my eyes to get a closer look and from what I saw Rebecca was yelling at him. This is normal, every time I see them together they're either sucking face or arguing. Nina tells me they shouldn't last long but it's been five months already.

"Line up!" Mr Frontier yells and everyone scurries into a line alone the gym brick walls.

"Guess what we're playing today?" Coach asks trying to sound all excited.

"Dodgeball" A kid in the corner that barely ever talks say. Everyone groans loudly and continues to look at the smiling coach in front of us.

The game is about to start and I stand in the line with most of the class and do a scilent little prayer to live through class. Mark is up first. A football player. I don't talk to Mark so hopefully he doesn't throw it my way.

Here goes nothing.

Halfway through the game I notice that I'm still standing. Henry was standing at the front aiming for Ace. Ace never gets hit, whoever would hit him is their path to popularity. Therefore, lots of people go after him, the reason me and Nina stay away from him during this class.

I wonder who Ace's target would be. Probably Kevin or Dan. Henry throws the ball straight for Ace and he misses. Not surprised.

"Ace, please make your way to the front." Coach says and I immediately look up. What. Turns out, Henry didn't miss.

I stare forward as Ace goes through everyone with a look of anger. If looks could kill, that would sure kill lots of people.

Suddenly his eyes land on mine. He stares at me for a second then leaves mine and gazes at everyone else's slowly.