Chapter 22

I shortly after leave Aces house and never tell him exactly what happened with my dad at the breakfast diner, because I am in no mood to talk about it.

I get into my moms white Honda car that she let me borrow and begin to head home thinking about what had happened today. I'm glad that I didn't give in and let him have the opportunity to come back into my life and possibly destroy it again, he didn't deserve that, not after everything he has done.

Surely enough he won't cut off our house and make me and my mom live on the side of the streets if he is trying to push his way back into our lives, because we all know that would only make things worse for him.

When I get home I look at the clock and it's around 3pm, meaning I have almost half of my Sunday left to spend however I please.

I pull out my Iphone 6s Plus and scroll through my contacts until I find Ninas. I press her name and the phone begins to ring. It rings exactly three times before she finally picks up.

"Hello?" She says her raspy voice through the phone.

"Hey, can you come over? I just got back from seeing my dad." I say slowly through the phone and her response is quick.

"Are you okay?" She says with a hint of worry in her voice.

"I'm fine, I just want some company." I reassure her and she sighs through the phone.

"I'm on my way, see you in a few." She says and I end the call there, and walk over to my closet to find some comfy clothes because I don't want to sit in this dress any longer.

I grab a Victoria Secrets burgundy sweatshirt with black yoga pants and slip them on.

I already feel so much comfier. Walking over to the bathroom, I grab my rag and my makeup remover and rub off my mascara that I put on this morning.

Not long after that, I hear a knock on my bedroom door, and I know that it is Nina, so I quickly run over and open it.

"Hey Mads." She smiles holding up a carton of chocolate ice cream, my favorite kind, two large spoons, and a whole season of Gossip Girl.

All though I love all of the things she brought, she acts like my sister just died.

"Nina," I laugh. "I didn't just get out of a terrible heartbreak, you know, you didn't have to bring all of this." I say and she looks at me sternly.

"I can take it all back if you want-"

"No! I mean, ice cream, Yummy! Come in." I smile and a small smirk appears on her face.

"I knew you wouldn't let a season of Gossip Girl and chocolate ice cream go to waste."

I laugh and pull out my laptop from my book bag, and lay it on the bed putting in the CD to Gossip Girl.

We watch until we look at the time on my bedside table, that reads 8 o'clock.

I quickly sit up throwing the pillow off of me and setting the laptop down, and Nina follows my movements.

"How have we been watching this so long?" I ask surprised we have been watching Gossip Girl, for four hours straight and it didn't even feel like that long.

"Guess we lost track in time." Nina shrugs.

"Obviously." I laugh.

"Hey can I crash here tonight?" She asks and I nod.

I walk over to my closet and pick out a pair of sports shorts, and a T-Shirt that I know will fit her, and chuck them to her, and she gladly walks to the bathroom, shutting the door, and changes into them.

While she is in there, I walk over to the mirror and grab my brush to brush through the tangled mess my hair has created, before soonly hearing a knock on my door.

I walk over to the white pale colored door, and turn the doorknob revealing my mom.

She is wearing a white T-Shirt with grey yoga pants, and she smiles tiredly at me before I open the door wider for her to come in.

She sits on my white chevereoned bed and I join her.

"How'd it go with your dad today?" She asks and I look down at the carpeted floor.

"Fine." I say, and that's all I say.

"Did anything happen, is he gonna kick us on the streets? I can't afford that honey, I'm broke and we would star-"

"Mom." I cut her off and she looks up at me with hope that I will give her a good response.

"I don't think we will be on the streets, he's trying to get back into my life, and he knows kicking us to the streets won't help one bit, don't worry." I smile and she smiles too, letting out a sigh that she knows we possibly will be okay.

"Okay sweetie, you look tired, get some rest." She says placing a hand on my bed pushing herself to stand up, and I stand with her. I give her a small hug, before she leaves my room.

As soon as my moms gone, Nina walks out of the bathroom, and smiles at me.

"Was that your mom?" I nod and walk past her grabbing my toothbrush and beginning to brush my teeth.

I am so glad and thankful that this day is over, and that meeting my dad is over. I know I will probabaly have to see him again, but for now it's over and that's a huge relief,

I pile into my bed, pulling back the covers, and toss Nina a pillow and blanket for her to sleep on. I turn off my bedside lamp, and place my head on my pillow.

Soon, I'm out like a light.