Chapter 5

I walk through the wooden door to the place I call home, with a scent of chicken filling my nose. My mom is a great cook, she works at a restaurant down the street from our house as a cook. She met my dad there, a long long time ago. I have never really known my dad, he left me when I was six and all I remember is my mom telling me that he said he was going shopping, and never returned and for days I was asking 'mom when's daddy gonna be home' and she started crying everytime. I don't remember any of that, but the fact of having no dad makes me sad sometimes.

I walk straight into the kitchen to where my mom stands with a wooden spoon in her hand and a apron around her. I sniff in the lovely smell and breath out in statisfaction.

"What smells so good?" I ask and she turns around with a warm, welcoming smile.

"Oh darling your home, I decided to make some homemade chicken noodle soup, I know you love when I make that, and plus your dance is tonight so I wanted to make something you liked."

"Thanks,"I smile, turning away to go upstairs but then I stop myself, spinning around back on my heel turning forward her again.

"Hey mom?" I ask and she turns back around to face me again.

"Yes?"

"How do you get a guy with a girlfriend to like you" Her look turns to a concerned look very quickly.

"Honey, I don't think you should be trying to get a guy with a girlfriend, imagine how she would feel." I took in what my mom said and came to a stop to my thoughts before I got a bad feeling, because honestly, I don't care how she feels. She a bitch. She doesn't even like him just probably uses him for make out sessions and to say she has a boyfriend. I nod my head and skip up the steps, walking into my room and shutting the door. My phone dings soon after, and I walk over to my bed picking it up and unlocking it to see who has texted me.

Rebecca- hey Hun! :) I'm sure you will look beautiful tonight, but don't come, or you will regret it.

xoxo -Rebecca <3

I set my phone down shocked at the message I had just gotten from Rebecca. Why does she not want me going to the dance? I hear a knock on my balcolny door and walk over to it, seeing Nina standing outside. turning the nob I greet her with a smile as she walks in like the house is her own.

"Alright! Let's get this dance crap thingy over with." She says falling flatly on her back, onto my bed. Ways to tell her that I can't go rummage through my mind. I want to go, I really do, but Rebecca scares me honestly and I know I'm trying to steal her guy but when she says 'or your will regret it' I immediately know she's right and that I will. Holton, some guy who goes to my school used to be the most popular guy till he messed with her, even though that will probably happen to me anyways because I'm trying to steal her man. I'm not even popular so what harm can she do anyways? I would not like to find out.

"Yeah, about that." I sigh and walk over to where she is sitting. "I decided that I don't want to go." She gives me the death stare for a moment, then finally speaks.

"Maddie, what's wrong? You have been talking about this dance for months." She shoots back.

"Yeah but I have been thinking and It doesn't sound like it would be fun."

"Spill Maddie, I know your hiding something."

"What makes you think I'm hiding something?" I ask suspiciously.

"It's written all over your face."

"Is not."

"Is too, now spill it." she demands.