Chapter 9

Picture---- Nina Wheeler

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Flashback-

12 years ago

"Daddy! Daddy your home!" My five year old self squeals as I hop down the steps. I run up to my dad and hug him really tightly smiling and he looks down at me giving me a worried smile.

I look over at my mommy and she has tears in her eyes. Why was she crying? I never liked when my mom cried, it always made me sad. I run over to her, my little feet pattering on the hardwood floor and jump into her lap.

"Mommy what's wrong?" I ask and a tear escapes from her green eyes, I got my green eyes from my mother, and my blonde hair from my dad.

I look over at dad and he stands there with a guilt-felt look.

"Daddy what's wrong with mommy?" I keep asking, but he just ignores me.

"Daddy!" I scream and before I know it, I feel a sharp piece of rock cut through the skin of my face. I hear my mom gasp in the background, and I begin crying. My dad just hit me, and his ring cut my face. My dad just hit me. Tears bust out of my eyes and I begin screaming and crying.

"Get out!" I hear my mom yell, followed by a slamming door. That was the first time he has ever hit me before.

"Why did he do that mommy?" I scream as more tears escape from my green glittering eyes. She begins to cry with me.

"He has always done this sweetie, I'm sorry you had to see this." She says crying and cradling me in her arms.

"Why?"

"That's just who he is." She says and I can hear the hurt in her voice.

"Why does he have to be like that." I ask trying to breath because of all the tears streaming down my face.

"I don't know sweetie." She says sniffling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Preasent

"Dad abused us?" I ask as a tear threaten to escape from my eyes. Why am I just figuring this out? How did I not remember?

"Yes he did, I took you to a therapist because for days you were stunned." She says as she continues to cry. I begin crying with her and she hugs me tightly.

"What did he do to you tonight?" I ask and she looks into my eyes.

"He hit me."

"Why?" I ask as my lips quiver from the tears streaming down my face like a waterfall.

"Because I wouldn't let him see you." I begin crying even more. This is all my fault. I'm the reason he hit my mom. This is my fault.

"Mom I'm so sorry this is all my fault." I cry and she rubs my shoulder.

"No it's not darling don't say that, I would rather it be me then you I didn't want him getting anywhere near you." She says trying to manage a smile on her face.

She wipes away the tears off of my face and I get up quickly, as I hear the door start to open.

"I'm going to my room." I say running up the steps, and I notice that she shuts herself in her room too. Before I lose all sight of the door, I look to see who comes in, and see Ace. I run up the steps even faster so he doesn't know that I have been crying, and slam myself in my room.