Chapter 15

Walking to the end of the hallway I end up at the doorway to my room. My mom had told me that she wanted to help me to help out the school today since they are getting people to clean for volunteer hours, and other then that, school was canceled. I was silently praying to myself that I will not see Ace there today, because it will just make it harder for me to lose feelings for him.

I grab some clothes and head to the bathroom to hop in the shower. Before I enter the bathroom, I turn back to go check my phone praying there was a message from Ace, but nothing. It has been a week since I have heard from him, I don't know how much longer I will last. I have been doing that a lot, checking my phone to see if there is a text from him, but I remember that he won't be the first one to text me, I have to go to him if anything would ever happen just because i'm the one who got us into all of this, but chances are I probably won't text him because things will just go downhill from there.

I take my time in the shower shampooing my head so that my hair will look nice and clean. I do a quick rinse off on my body and step out onto the blue carpeted rug next to my shower.

I put on a pair of gray leggings and a beach crop top, walking out of the bathroom with the towel wrapped up in my hair so it would dry.

As I brush through my hair I decide that I'm actually not having too bad of a hair day so I just leave it down and flat flowing over my shoulders.

My mom wanted to drive me today, just because we haven't talked very much lately and she has been out for work a lot, so I told Nina to just meet me at school and that I would drive with her. Finally done getting dressed, showering, and putting on makeup I slip my jack rogers on and skip down the steps to meet my mom waiting in the kitchen, and we both head out to the car, me getting into the passengers side.

She begins to drive along the deserted road that was a backroad that leads to the school. I sit there drifting into my thoughts before getting cut off by my mother.

"Your dad texted me." She says, and I look at her wide eyed.

"What did he say?"

She sighed glanceing over at me before returning her eyes back to the road infront of her.

"He wants to see you." I look away from her as well looking forward and begin shaking my head furiously.

"I don't want to see him mom, your not going to make me are you?" I ask praying that she won't. I know he's my dad and all, and I should love him no matter what he does but he hit us, and abused us and the thing is when my mom told him to leave he didn't even fight to stay, or fight to see me, he just left and didn't return till two months ago. For 12 years of my life I didn't have him with me because he decided to just leave me and mom for good.

"I'm not going to make you.. Just he made a couple of-" She says before stopping her sentence mid-way.

"Mom finish your sentence." I say getting annoyed as I wonder what the last half of the sentence may be.

"He made threats." My stomach drops as she lets the last three words fall out of her mouth. My heart begins racing. Did my dad threaten my mom? Did he threaten to hurt her if she didn't let him see me? He has no right to bring her into this, Im the one who doesn't want to see him in the first place.

"What kind of threats?" I manage to ask.

"To stop paying." She says and my head snaps her way.

"Paying for what?" I ask and she just keeps driving without answering.

"Mom." I say again and she finally answers.

"Sweetie were poor, and broke and without your father we would be on the streets." She says trying not to make it sound like a big deal.