Chapter 24

I walk out of the two, glass double doors and see Nina standing near her car. She always takes me to school and home because my mom is always using her car for work and she still hasn't bought me my own car yet. Sigh.

I jump in the passengers seat and Nina starts the car, pulling out of the school parking lot and onto the backroad that takes me home.

"You wanna go get some food?" She asks and I look down at my growling stomach. I was going to go home, grab a snack and do some homework, but grabbing some food would be great right now.

"Yes, i'm starving." I say and she takes the turn that leads us to our favorite burger place.

We pull into the parking lot to Roots. Roots is a great restaurant where the burgers are half the calories they are in fast food places, but also way better than the junk McDonalds feeds you.

We walk through the pull open door, even though the last time I was here I pushed it, but you know that's just me.

I follow Nina up to the order counter and we begin to look at the menu, but we soon to be at the front of the line.

"Hello what may I get you girls today?" A tall guy asks us. He's pretty cute actually, he has dirty blonde hair pushed to the side, and brown eyes. I look at him for a moment before I open my mouth to tell him what I want.

"Um, can I get the Roots Traditional B-Burger?" I say stuttering a bit, but hey, this guys hot, anyone would stutter in a moment like this.

I move to the side, and Nina goes to the front to place her order.

"Hey you look familiar, do you go to Rosewood High?" Nina asks and I walk closely listening to his answer.

"Yeah I'm a Junior." He says and Nina looks at me with her eyes lightened up and raises her eyes brows.

She smiles back at him then walks with me to find a seat to sit at.

We get a double table with two chairs, and sit down and begin to talk while we wait for our food to get to the table. I look around and see everyone eating their food and it makes me even more hungry.

"You were totally checking that guy out." I turn my head back to Nina and she has a smirk on her face.

"I was not." I defend myself.

"Was too!" She squeals "Y'all should so go out sometime!" She says and I roll my eyes at how rediculous she is being.

"Come on Nin, he's one year younger than me."

"Age is nothing but a number."

"I don't even know his name." I say again trying to think of excuses to get out of this uncomfortable conversation.

Right after I say that, to my luck the guy from the counter comes and places down our trays right in front of us.

"Hey what's your name?" Nina asks and I turn my head to the side, face palming myself.

I really shouldn't have said that.

"Caleb." He says, with a smile before turning and walking away.

"His names Caleb," Nina winks with a smirk on her face.

"Well that problem is solved keep going because I know you have more negative reasons." She says picking up her burger and taking a bite out of it.

"Nina, you realize i'm the one going out with Justin Friday night, right?" I ask taking a fry from the container.

"Right, but you and Justin aren't technically a thing, so you can go out with as many guys as you want, because it's not cheating you know."

I look away and laugh.

"Why do you want this to work so bad?" I ask.

"Because you both were totally checking eachother out, come on its fate at its own work." She says with a smile of satisfaction on her face.

"Oh so now it's fate to meet a cute guy at a restaurant?" I raise my eyebrows. Trust me I love Nina, but sometimes she's too much.

"You never know." She says, saying her famous words that she always says.

"Whatever, lets go home, I got lots of homework to do and my mom wants me home by six." I say, placeing my napkin on my plate and getting up as we walk out to the car.

The car ride home is silent, filled with the background noise of the One Direction CD that I forgot to take out this morning, sigh, and Ninas uncontrollable singing, but then we finally reach my house.

Grabbing my bag, I get out of the car and skip up the steps leading to my door, and walk in.

I immediately go up the steps and pour out my school bag all over my bed, and rummage through the loads of homework that I have to get through before tomorrow.

I start out with my Algebra because Algebra is my worst subject and Id just like to get this over with. I begin calculate the square root of 90 before my phone dings right next to me.

I pick up my phone, and unlock it and see that I have a message from Ace. A small smile begins to spread across my face as I see his name pop up on my screen, I just can't help how he makes me feel sometimes.

I open up the text message.

Ace- You going to my party Friday?

Me- Wouldn't miss it.

Ace- It's gonna be lit. bring your friends

Me- Oh I'm bringing someone alright.

I laugh at my response, then place my phone down on the bedside table right next to me, before slipping to the bathroom to brush my teeth, take out my contacts, and take off my makeup and the usual stuff you do at night.

After I'm done in the bathroom, I go to my closet and pull on a pair of sweatpants and a T-Shirt so I am comfortable.

Walking over to my bed, I notice that my phone is lit up again, from another message from Ace.

Ace - Goodnight Princess, sleep good ;)

He called me princess. He actually called me princess.

I know that It doesn't mean anything, and that he's just trying to play with my feelings and make me fall for him, but it makes me smile.

Me - Goodnight Idiot ;)

I respond back, trying not to show him that that message had any effect on me.

Sliding into my bed, I pull the covers over my body and lay there comfortably, I finally close my eyes, letting a deep deep sleep begin to take over, and before I know it, I'm out.