Chapter 26

I walk up the steps that lead to my room, and shut my door immediately once I get in there. I can't believe Nina is believing the stupid rumors that go around the school, but I guess that's her decision.

Opening my closet, I rummage through the pile of clothes trying to find something to wear to the party tonight. My goal is to look sexy, so that Ace will be jealous Justin is with me, and not him, but not too sexy, so Justin doesn't get the wrong impression.

I find a Pink brand Victoria's Secret crop top, with a pair of denim jeans.

After, I walk over to my dresser with an attached mirror and begin putting on some makeup. I don't put on much normally, but today is a special occasion, so i'll put on a little more just won't go too overboard. Dabbing a little bit of mascara on, my door opens swiftly, and I turn my head quickly forgetting about the mascara I was putting on my eyes.

My mom stood in the doorway, with a confused look on her face. Oh god. Normally my mom never lets me go to parties, so this is gonna be hard to make an excuse for.

"Young lady, where do you think your going all dressed up like that?" She says with a bit of anger in her tone.

I look down at what i'm wearing, my stomach shows and there are holes in my jeans just about the knee, and my mom says this look is 'too innapropriate for my age'.

"Um-uh me and Nina were gonna go shopping." I try and lie, hoping that she buys it.

She gives me this confused look, then anger resumes back onto her face.

"All dressed up like that?" She asks getting a little more suspicious.

I nod nervously and put down the mascara that was in my hand, and lean against my white dresser.

"Actually that's what I came up here for." She says and my breath hitches.

"What do you mean?"

"Nina called me and told me you were pissed at her." She says giving me a sideways look, waiting for me to explain.

You've done it Maddie. This time, your caught.

Well shit.

I stand there in silence trying to think of a response before my mom opens her mouth again.

"Thought so, you are not to leave this house tonight." She says and my mouth drops.

"But mom! Aces party is tonight and everyone's going!" I yell as she begins to leave.

"Well I guess that's even more of an excuse to not go." She says opening my door. I walk over to her and pull her back before she leaves so I can argue with her some more.

"Mom I told Justin I would go with him, I can't blow him off again." I say beggingly.

"Maddie high school parties are filled with drinking and drugs and making out and I don't even wanna go past there, but I also don't want you getting involved with that kind of stuff." She says trying to get me to understand her point, and believe me I do, but can she really not trust me to not do that kind of stuff?

"Mom you know I wouldn't do anything like that." I say and she looks me up and down.

"And I also thought you wouldn't go out wearing something as hideous as that." She says as her final words before leaving my room, shutting my door.

I sigh of frustration and walk to my bed falling flat onto it and letting out a deep breath. I can't. believe her. You ever have those moments where you just want to strangle your mom? Yeah that's how I feel right now.