Chapter 29

Grabbing my phone from my bag, I see that I have a message from Nina.

Nina- Party @ my house 2night, b there ;)

Me - wouldn't miss it :)

Walking over to my closet, I rummage through all of my clothes. I don't know why I have so many because I basically just wear shirts over and over again. I really need to go through these.

It's warmer out, so I throw on a tank top with a flower decoration printed onto it, and my jean shorts with a ripped spot going right into the pockets.

These are my favorite shorts, and thanks to it getting warmer outside, I will finally get to be able to start wearing them more often.

I had showered this morning, so I didn't worry about my hair looking bad, but I straightened it to give it a little bit of shine.

After I'm all ready, getting my mom to let me go out on a school night may be the hard part. I grab my phone and my moms car keys that I had thrown onto my white wooden dresser, and walk out my room closing the door right behind me.

Skipping down the stairs, I pray that my mom will let me go. I mean, this is Ninas party. My mom has always loved Nina. Why would she say no?

I find my mom chopping up onions in the kitchen on a glassy chopping board, and wait for her to notice my presence and stop her cutting.

"Oh hey honey, dinner is almost ready." She says and gets back to her cutting.

"We are having soup." She says with a smile.

I smile back and then begin to answer back.

"About that." I say and she stops her cutting again, and sets down the knife next to the cutting board, sliding the sliced onions into the soup.

"Let me guess, your wanting to out tonight." She says, almost reading my mind.

I set my phone down, turning it on really quick to check the time. Ninas party starts in 30 minutes.

"Nina is having a get together tonight." I say and my mom looks up at me sternly.

"Are you sure it's not a party?" She asks, and my eyes look to the corner of my room, not wanting to meet hers.

"Nope." I say, trying to hide the fact that I am lying.

"Maddie." My mom says and I look at her, meeting her eyes. She looks at me in a way that she knows I am lying.

"Okay fine its a party." I give in, replacing my regretful face with a pleading look.

"But it's Ninas party mom, you know her mom wouldn't let there be drugs." I say trying to defend the case.

"Be home by 10." She says and my eyes light up.

"Wait your letting me go?" I ask making sure I did not hear wrong.

"Get out of here before I change my mind." She says, and starts to cut up some carrots.

"Leaving." I say as I grab my phone and run over to her, giving her a big hug, and rushing out the door before she calls me back saying I can't go.

Running out to my moms honda, I unlock the car, getting in.

When I reach Ninas house, a bunch of people enter and exit the front door of her house. I shut the car door, making sure the keys are in my hand so I don't get locked out, and begin walking towards the door.

It was very easy to find Nina, because she was in the kitchen grabbing a drink and where all the food was.

"Maddie!" She squeals running towards me handing me a plastic cup. I look into the cup and it is filled with clear liquid.