Chapter 16

Nothing really happened after the kiss with Ace, it was kind of awkward and we just stared at eachother kind of for a little while. Soon after, the teachers called us out and examined the room to make sure we did our job, and told us it was great and that we could go home. Me and Ace didn't say a word to eachother after the kiss, and I felt a pang of guilt because i'm the one that kissed him, yes, he kissed back, but that's someone else's boyfriend.

I get the feeling of being a hoe in my stomach as I walk out to the car where Nina is standing. My mom told me that I could ride home with her, as long as she got the chance to drop me off.

I think about what just happened in there and I remember what it felt like kissing Ace. It felt great. It was something that I have been wanting to do for a long long time but I don't think it was the same for him sadly.

I see a wide smiling Nina as I reach the car and roll my eyes smiling a fake smile to make sure she doesn't know that i'm sad at the moment. He didn't do anything, he just stared at me. Did he not like the kiss?

Duh Maddie he didn't like the kiss because I didn't make it all dirty like Rebecca does. Shaking my head.

Plus he probably doesn't have those feelings for me and it was a complete mistake, I was just caught up in the moment and it felt right.

"So how was it?" Nina says with a smirk on her face as she wiggles her eyebrows up and down. I open the passenger door of the car and slide in slamming it on her. She races around the other side getting into the drivers side.

"Tell me! I heard you were with Ace, I need details!" She squeals as I cover my ears hoping I will still be able to hear after this.

"It went great, we talked." I sigh. She looks at me with a great big smile.

"So you guys are on talking terms again?" She questions.

"I wouldn't say that.."

"Why not! Maddie, don't be afraid of Rebecca he will control her. She should not have any part in who and who not he can be friends with." She shoots back.

"It's not Rebecca.." I say.

"Then what is it?"

"I kissed him." I say letting a deep breath out that I didn't even know I was holding in. I look back at her and her jaw is dropped to the ground.

"You kissed him?!" She yells and once again hoping I still have a eardrum.

"Yes and it was so so stupid now can you just drive me home." I plead and she nods going back to her normal face as she starts the car. I look out of my passenger side window and see that Ace is over with his girlfriend. I look away as I feel the feeling of jealousy. Am I crazy? He's not gonna leave her for me.

I was so stupid for thinking that may be possible but she gives him everything he likes, she kisses him, and does stuff that I don't even wanna say. All I do is pick on him and kiss him once and it didn't even go how I wanted it to.

"So what happened?" I hear Nina say and my attention shot back to her.

"We didn't really talk at all after that, he kind of just stared at me and didn't really do anything." I sigh.

"Maybe he's just trying to hide his feelings, since, you know he does have a girlfriend, but did he kiss you back?" She asks.

"Yeah he did." I whisper back before I realize she probably didn't hear me, before I realize she does since she answers back.

"How long did you guys kiss? Was there like tongue?" She asks with a smirk on her face.

"No there was no tongue." I laugh.

"Was just wondering." She said throwing her hands up in defeat and laughing with me.

She drops me off at my house and I realize that it's around five p.m. and I go into my house smelling a deliscious smell of pasta and sauce. I'm guessing that it is my moms homemade chicken alfredo. I drop my bag off in the kitchen and walk around the bar to she what she was cooking.

"Hey honey! I'm making your favorite." She says with a smile.

"I smells so good." I say taking in the wonderful scent.

"Dinner will be ready in a couple of minutes, then you can tell me all about what happened today." My heart begins to beat faster. Does she know what happened? She kind of is acting a little suspicious.

I nod then head up the steps and down the hallway to my room. I pull out my laptop and begin going through all the history notes that the teacher gave in class since I have a huge test Monday. Thankfully it's only Saturday night, so I also have all night and tomorrow to study.

I begin looking through all of it about the civil war and honestly, I hate history. It always bores me and I can never really listen to what she is talking about half the time.

Probably going to bomb this test, but oh well. After like thirty minutes of studying my mom finally calls me down because dinner is ready and I skip down the steps as the delicious smell travels its way back into my nose.

I make my plate and sit down at the table putting a little bit of salt on it before I begin to dig in. It's great, she's always made it the best and I don't know of anyone else who has made it this good.

My mom told me she took a cooking class in high school and college and it was really worth it because having a mom who's great at cooking is the best thing.

She finally sits across from me with her plate, and begins scooping the noodles into her mouth as I was doing.

"So how was cleaning?" She asked making me stop chewing as I looked up at her.

"It was good." I say after I swallow making sure all the food is gone in my mouth before I spoke.

"Who'd you get paired with." My heart beats faster as I think of everything that happened today and it's so unbelievable that I can hardly remember it the image in my head.

"Ace." I sigh, setting down my fork.

"Oh! The nice boy?" I scoff at the fact that she said nice.

"He's not nice mom! I don't know where you got that from." I said.

"He stayed here for a couple of nights, that's where I got that from."

"Yeah but he's different around me, he's a jerk and I don't get why-" I cut myself off before I told her that I liked him.

"Why what?" She asks.

"Um why I ever hung out with him." I say sighing at the fact that I came up with a replacement.

I go to the counter cleaning my plate off then excuse myself from dinner, going back up to my room, changing into some shorts with tank top. Finally, I slide into my bed. This has been a long day and I'm tired.

Turning off my lamp and closing my eyes, I can already feel myself drifting off to sleep.