Chapter Fourteen

Me and Chris have been talking for about two months now. We still not a couple and its bothering me ALOT. I know it shouldn't but it does. Today is Friday and I'm going pick the kids up from school to spend the weekend with me. The house has been quite since everyone is gone so I stay at the office almost all day.

I pulled up to the kids school and walked into the front office to see Brennan there with a little boy I'm guessing is his son. "Who are you here to pick up ma'am?" The lady at the front desk asked me. "Angel and Bronson from ms.Williams class" I said then went to a chair. "Hey emerald" brennan said sitting next to me. "Who is emerald?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

Ring! My phone rang I looked down to see Chris calling.

Me: Hey baby
Chris ❤: hey beautiful
Me: what's up?
Chris ❤: I was wondering if the kids wanted to come with me and sky to chuckee cheese.
Me: sure I'll dress them and drop them off at your place
Chris ❤ : okay beautiful see you later

I hung up the phone and saw the kids walking towards me so I grabbed my purse and stood in he hallway waiting for them. "Mommyyy" Bronson yelled. I chuckled and picked him up. "Hey babies" I kissed his cheek and grabbed angel hand and walked towards the car.

Once we made it to the house I told the kids to go bath and change clothes while I did the same. I took a shower on put my hair in a ponytail. I walked into my closet and put on a black T-shirt white shorts and black and white shell toe Adidas. I grabbed my jacket and called the kids down. We got into the car and headed to Chris house.

"Where are you going?" Chris asked after putting the kids in his car. "To the mall" I lied. I was really going with Megan to go buy baby clothes. She still hasn't told Chris that she was pregnant and its not my place to tell him. "You gonna be at the house when we get there?" He asked while putting his hands on my waist and pulling me into his chest. I nodded and kissed his lips. "I wanna take you out tomorrow okay?" He said after pulling away from the kiss. "Okay daddy" I said smirking. I kissed him one more time before walking to the car. "Keep that thang sweet and tight for me baby" he yelled to me. I chuckled and pulled off.

Chris P.O.V
I told emerald that I was taking the kids to chuckee cheese but I lied. Well its not a lie it we are going but we are also going ring shopping. No I am not proposing its just a girlfriend ring. I never asked her to be mine and the thought of her with another person aches my soul.

"Can we have some more money for tokens daddy" I looked down to see Bronson said that. I was shocked he never called me that I was always Mr.Chris. I nodded and handed him some money and told him to let sky help him with it.

Thirty minutes later the kids were tired so we left and headed towards the jewelers. Once we pulled up I had to tell the kids to keep it a secret because if I didn't they would have went back and told her and that would have ruined it.

Once we made it inside I told the kids to go find something they think emerald would like. "Over here daddy this pretty" sky said. I walked over to see a beautiful ten karat ring. "Would you like that one sir" a man asked. "Yeah. Can you have it engraved" I asked I wanted to get the date of the first time we met engraved on the inside. He nodded and asked what I would like on it. I told him and paid for everything.

Emerald P.O.V.
I just made it back to the house to see the kids sleep with Chris and Bronson on Chris chest. I decided against waking them up so I tiptoed to the room and took a shower. I put on a T-shirt and shorts and climbed into bed. Ten minutes later Chris came up. "Hey beautiful" he said while kissing my cheek. "Hey daddy" I said kissing his lips. The rest of the night we talked about our days until we eventually fell asleep. I love moments like this. Let's just hope they never end.