Chapter Six

3 Years Later

Emerald P.O.V.

Today is my 3 year old son Bronson's birthday. After I caught what I caught I moved to Atlanta. I got all of my money out of all of my accounts and bought a house. Angel is now five and Bronson looks just like his father. Trey comes visit us every weekend, but since it's summer he is staying here with us.

Me Angel trey and Bronson are going to have a get together in the theatre room and go to Chuckee cheese for Bronson's birthday. I haven't had a relationship since Brennan and I'm not trying to.

I just graduated from school. Hallelujah. Now I have to wait for my building to get done so I can open my own clinic. I took a shower and put on a red half shirt that said you mad bro? In black letters and white high waist skater skirt and red vans.

It was 8 in the morning and everybody was sleep so I decided to cook some breakfast. "Good morning emerald " Trey said as he walked in the kitchen and gave me a kiss on the check. "Hey are the kids up yet?" I asked while making everyone a plate. I heard little feet running which means Angel is up. I turned around to see her coming around the corner.

"Hey mama baby" I said. I put her in a chair at the small table I bought for her and Bronson. I decided to go wake him to bathe him so we can get our day started. "Hey mommy" he said while stretching. I smiled and said "Happy birthday big boy" he gave me a big smile and said "thank you" while reaching for me. I picked him up and put him in his bath water I ran for him.
1 hour later
After what felt like forever everyone was dressed and ready. Bronson wore a black shirt that said you do what you want when you popping in red letters and khaki cargos and red vans. Angel wore a black tank with red flannel and white shorts with her red vans and trey wore the same as Bronson.

We all hopped in my new range rover and headed to Toys-R-Us. When we arrived at Toys-R-Us Bronson went crazy. He picked up every bubble guppies toy his little eyes landed on.

Me wanting him to be happy I bought every last one of them. As we arrived at the cash register a little girl pat me on my leg and said" Can you help me find my daddy" she was small and looked like 5.

She had a head full of curls and beautiful brown skin with big beautiful eyes I realized I haven't answered so I grabbed her hand and told trey to pay for the stuff while I helped the little girl. "What does your daddy look like?" I asked her not wanting to give her to a stranger.

"He big with big blue eyes and he have my skin" she said while pointing to the body parts on her. I thought it was cute. I chuckled and we continued to look around. "Sky" I heard a deep voice say. The little girl let my hand go and ran the man arms.

"Daddy I lost you. The pretty lady helped me." I blushed and let out a shy chuckle. "I'm sorry princess I was looking for the toy you wanted. Thank you.." He said waiting for me to fill in the blank. "Emerald. My name is emerald" I told him. "My name is Chris and I would like to get to know you so can we exchange numbers" he said slyly.

I blushed and handed him my phone. "These your kids?" He asked looking at my lock screen. "Yeah Bronson and Angel" I said while unlocking my phone. "Angel looks like you. Bronson must look like your husband?" He said while raising an eyebrow. I chuckled and said "No a mistake". He chuckled and said " He a fool to let you go but we bought to go imma text you later on tonight beautiful" he said while giving me a side hug because sky was sleep in his other arm. I blushed and nodded and headed to the car.
Later that night
The kids were sleep so I decided to take a quick shower. Ten minutes later I got out the shower towel dried my hair and put it in a bun. I put on a T-shirt and some shorts with ankle socks. I walked downstairs to see trey watching TV. I wanted to know if it was too early to start dating again. "Hey best friend" I said while sitting next to him putting my feet in his lap. "What is it emerald?" He said looking at me."I met someone today and I wanted to know if it was too early to start dating? "I said in one breath." You should. After everything you been through you deserve to be happy. As long as he not another Brennan." He said. I smiled and kissed his cheek." Thank you best friend " I went to my room and watched TV. I received a text from a unknown number so it had to be Chris.
Text Conversation:
(404)576-8934- Hey beautiful
Me- Hey Chris
Chris ❤- What are you doing?
Me- nothing watching TV
Chris ❤- Wanna come to IHOP with me?
Me- What time is it?
Chris ❤- 11:30
Me- Sure I might be looking a little rough.
Chris ❤- I like it rough😉
Me- Haha very funny I'm coming stand outside and wait for me.
Chris ❤- Will do

I got up and put on my red pumas and grabbed my keys. I checked on the kids to see them still sleeping. I walked downstairs and told Trey I was leaving. I pulled up to see Chris standing outside. When we headed into IHOP he walked to a table and sat down with another girl so me being me I'm not with that so I left out the door.
Chris P.O.V
I turned around to see angel walking towards the door. My sister came with me because she wanted to me the girl sky was talking about. Ever since sky met angel she never stopped talking about her. "You didn't tell her that your sister was coming so she probably thinking I'm your girl" my sister said. I walked out to see her heading to her car. "Angel" I called after her. She never stopped walking. I ran up and grabbed her hand and turned her around. "Why you left" I asked her. " you asked me to come here and I thought it was just is two..why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend if you would've told me I would have stayed my black ass at home " she ranted. I chuckled and pulled her close to me and kissed her. At first she stood there but after a while she wrapped her arms around my neck and stood on her tippy toes since she was a lot shorter than me. It felt like we where kissing forever. I pulled away put my forehead on hers and said" that's my sister she wanted to meet you because sky haven't stopped talking about you" she nodded her head and said okay. We walked into IHOP and my sister was looking down at her phone. "Megan this is angel and angel this is Megan" I introduced them to each other. We sat down and just vibed. "Are you fully black ?" Megan asked angel. Angel laughed and said " No I'm a little of everything. I have Puerto Rican and black and white. It's more but my mom is Puerto Rican and my dad is mixed." She said. I leaned over and said "that'll be good for the babies" in her ears.