Chapter Fifteen

Emerald P.O.V

I was sitting on the bed painting my toes and Chris was sleep it was eight at night and our reservations for dinner wasn't until ten. I decided to go get something to snack on from downstairs. As I was about to walk out the door I stepped on something hard in Chris pants. I didn't wanna invade his personal space but I had to know what it was. I picked up his pants and dug in his pockets to find a ring. I decided not to overreact I sat in the chair and thought.

Is he married?

Maybe it's his mom's.

Maybe it was sky mom ring?

Why do I attract liars and cheaters. I am nothing but good to him. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.
"Hey baby" Chris said as he rolled over. He got up and went into the bathroom. When he walked out he looked down to see me holding the ring. His eyes instantly widened.
"Are you married Chris?" He started laughing. Not a little chuckle it was a hearty loud laugh. He was in tears laughing. I was infuriated, "WHAT THE FUCK IS FUNNY CHRIS?" I yelled.

He immediately stopped laughing and walked towards me. He grabbed my waist and gently pushed me against the wall and said "lower your fucking voice now. I told you too many times that I was not married. IT WAS A PROMISE RING FOR YOU. I AM NOT BRENNAN so you can stop waiting for me to cheat or break your heart just stop it because that's how you will lose me" he said staring me into my eyes never breaking eye contact. I suddenly felt bad. He shook his head and took the ring from me. "I'm sorry Chris."I said as he put his shoes on. "I'm sorry too emerald" he said as he walked out the room.

Chris P.O.V
She had to ruin the surprise she just had to. I put my shoes on and headed home. If she can't trust me we can't be together as much as I want us to.

I walked into my house and hit up my best friend Christian.
Phone conversation
Me:What you doing
Christian: at the crib with my girl
Me:your girl huh (I chuckled)
Christian: yeah nigga but what's up
Me:nevermind imma just chill at the house
Christian: alright

I hung up the phone and sighed. I walked into my man cave and dug under the couch for my box. I only smoke when I'm stressed. I rolled up one and let the smoke take over me.

Megan P.O.V.
I woke up to my phone ringing. I unwrapped Damian arms from around me and grabbed my phone and saw it was emerald calling me. I sighed her and Chris always into it.

Me: Hey vagina
Emmy: I ruined it megan he left
Me: what did you do baby
Emmy: he was gonna surprise me with a promise ring but I found it and got mad because I thought he was married
Me: you fucked up. Everybody is not Brennan baby. You have to let your guard down if you want him emerald.
Emmy: okay but I don't know where he is
Me: go to his house and look in the basement he should be there
Emmy: okay thank you Megan and sorry for waking you

I hung up the phone and went back to sleep. I Dont know how Chris deal with that crybaby.

Emerald P.O.V.
I went to Bronson room to see him still sleep. I slipped his shoes on and picked him up. I went into the room to see the girls up. "Hey babies put your shoes on and get into the car". They nodded their head and I put the kids in the car and locked up the house before heading to Chris house.

I pulled up and saw the kids sleep. I grabbed the keys and carried all of them into the house one at a time I put them in the room and closed the door.

"Okay emerald. You want him so you have to do this you have to allow this man to love you. Fuck  Brennan he moved on so can I. That is one sexy man in there that want me it's time that I let go. I'm ready" I said to myself before I walked down the stairs.

I walked in to see Chris smoking. I sat next to him and grabbed the blunt from him and hit it. "I'm sorry okay. I know you not Brennan and I know you trying I know I always ruin something but now I'm willing to try." I said as I turn to face him. He just sat there looking ahead. I waited another minute until I sat the blunt in the ash tray and headed upstairs.

I grabbed a pair of clothes I left over here and headed into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and climbed into the bed. He wanna play well imma play too.