Chapter Nineteen

"Mommy can we get this one" Angel asked tugging on my pants leg. The kids have moved back in with me because my mom has gone to Paris with my dad so I decided to buy them a little present.

She was pointing at a small black pug. I nodded my head grabbed her hands and rounded up the kids.

After buying the puppy we headed to pet's smart to get everything it needed.

Once we made it home the kids went in the backyard to play with the dog whom we haven't decided a name for yet.

While the kids are playing I take a quick shower and slide on a T-shirt and gym shorts. I walked downstairs and decided to cook.

I cooked shrimp rotel and fried chicken. Quick and easy. I called Chris to see where he was because it's going on ten and he still isn't home.

Phone conversation:
Me: Hey baby where are you
Chris : I'm at a business meeting
I shake my head and hang up the phone. Lie after lie. I'm done with it.

After cleaning the kitchen I headed upstairs and went to sleep.

I was awoken by the shower running. He walked into the room and climb in next to me.

I woke up the next morning and decided that I didn't want to get up. Today is Friday so the kids can miss today.

I woke the kids up and got everyone dressed we all headed to IHOP once we made it there we were immediately seated.

"Are you guys ready to order" someone said. I looked up from my phone to see the waiter. Let me tell you he was fine. Dreads a pretty ass smile.

After ordering I took all of the kids to the restroom. On our way out I bumped into someone and fell down.

"I'm so sorry" I heard a deep voice say before looking up to see it was our waiter. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up to him.

"It's okay." I said while dusting my pants off. I grabbed sky hand and head back to the table.

After eating and paying for our food we headed out. "Hey wait." I heard someone say as I was buckling the kids in the backseat.

I turned around to see the waiter again. "Can I have your number maybe we can chill sometime..." he said while leaning up against my car.

I mean why not he looks a little young but he fine as hell. Maybe it's his dreads.

I nod and put my number into his phone. "The names emerald by the way" I say before getting in the car.

Later that night

The kids and I had a lot of fun today. We went to the movies the mall and since the fair is still in town we went there and back home.
Now the kids are sleep and I'm sitting downstairs watching reruns of That's So Raven! Chris still isn't home and its after twelve. I said it once before but I mean it now I'm done.

After two hours I decide to go upstairs and call it a night. I slip into bed and go to sleep.

"Good morning babygirl" I hear Chris say. I look up to see him coming in with a tray of food but what catches my eye is the big as hickey on his neck.

He sit next to me and leans in to kiss me. I immediately turn my head to the side and he catches my cheek. I take the plate from him and put it on the bedside table.

"Where were you last night" I ask him. He sighs and says "I had a business meeting". I must really have dumb tatted on my forehead.

I chuckle and says to him what I've been wanting to do since yesterday  " You suck at lying. You leave before the sunrises you come back late at night the kids are wondering where you are. You say you have been at business meeting but there is no way in hell you have a business meeting every goddamn night. Your cheating and I know it. Wanna know how. That big ass hickey on your neck. I'm breaking up with you. If you wanna leave sky here you can but you have to go. The kids and I are going to the park when I come back I want you gone. Sad to say but I loved you."

I get up from the bed and walk into the bathroom leaving him there dumbfounded.

While I was in the shower I hear my phone ring. I dry my hands and answer.

(932)333-8900: hey emerald its Bryan from IHOP.
Me:oh hey what's up
Bryan: I was wondering what you and your kids were doing my niece and I are going to the park you guys can meet us there.
Me: okay see you there

After my shower I wake the kids and get them dressed. I walk into my closet and get dressed.

We all pile up into the car and head to the park.
"Hey" I hear someone say from behind me. I turn around to see brian .

The entire day we just chilled. The kids and his niece, McKenzie, played at the playground while we sat on the bench talking. We ate ice cream and seafood. We laughed and talked about what our interests.

I was putting the kids into the backseat and he was holding McKenzie standing against his car.

"It was really fun today emerald" brian say after putting Mackenzie in the backseat of his car. "I did too" I say rocking back and forth on my heels.

He gently grabbed my face and kisses my lips very softly. I grab his face and kiss him harder. Our tongue wrestles for a few before he wins and I let out a small moan.

We both pull away out of breath our forehead slightly touching. "Call me so I can make sure you make it home safely." He pecks my cheek and wait for me to pull off.

Mackenzie and Brian in media