Chapter 1: Meet the Gym

I’m not the only one meeting Georgina on the floor this morning.  There are four other girls, two of which hate me almost as much as I hate them.

Meet Kristy, who never fails to remind us of her senior status each and everyday.  She uses it to get out of strength, beam, anything she doesn’t want to do.  She’s level 9.

Meet Halli, pronounced HĀ-LEE, as she always says.  She’s a Kristy wanna be, only a level higher and 2 grades lower.  This level 10, 10th grade bitch takes all her cues from Kristy.  Her favorite pastimes include correcting other people, reminding us that she’s a level 10, and bullying the younger girls into doing extra strength.
Kristy and Halli glared at me as we walked out onto the floor.  The rest of the girls are chatting amongst themselves. Catt and Emma throw away their breakfast bagels on the way out to the gym.  Catt, short for Catrina, is wearing a sparkly pink and red leo and her short hair is in a ponytail, barely an inch long.  Emma has on a black leo with blue trip and a cut out back. 
We walk out into the gym. To our right are 3 bar sets, one pit bar, and one strap bar. The pit bar shares a pit with our tumble strip and tumble trak. Our beams and vaults share a separate pit. We have one pit vault and one competition vault, side by side. 7 beams line the right side.  Four are competitions. One is over a pit, and one is dismounting into a pit. The last one is our practice beam, with mats stacked up beside it.  We also have a few floor beams, for when we are learning new skills.  Our floor is competition, and it is black and super springy.  Theres a pit on one side of it, so we can practice new tumbling passes.  Our team colors being black and gold, the blue mats clash perfectly with the yellow floor.
We line up on a boundary line on the floor to await our assignment for the day.  Lizzy will give us a running warmup then some basic strength to warm up our bodies.
"Toes pointed, Halli!”.  She must be in a bad mood, since she never yells at Halli.
We finished our running warm up, and started stretching out. I leaned far to my right, loving the way my muscles felt stretching and twisting. Next we did splits and bridges. After stretching out, we had to stick 5 standing tucks. I made them all right away.  After tucks, we get back into line in front of Lizzy. 
"Well girls, we have some news".