Chapter 16: 3 Months Later

It's been 3 months since I was first admitted into the hospital. I can walk and even run now, but the only thing I want to do is gymnastics. It's been torture...but I think I'm ready to come back. I convinced mom to drive my over.

I pushed open the doors to my gym. They've been through some major renovations since I was here. The walls were painted a bright red, and the gym looked huge. The floor was in the very front, and the vault was on a podium to the right. The bars were in the very back, 2 full sets and 1 pit bar. The beams were in the middle, 4 high beams and 2 floor beams. I walked into the team room...or started to at least.

"I can't believe she would actually fake an injury".

"It's not an injury, she's pretending to be hurt". Laughter.

"It's not like it's serious enough for get to qu - ", I walked in and looked each if them in the eye. Kristy smiled at me as if we were best friends.

"Glad to see you ba -" she started.

"Cut the bullshit". I threw my bag on the ground and ran to the bathroom before tears threatened to make their entrance.

Catt came in and knocked on the stall.

"Hey...you okay Mia?".

I took a deep breath. "Did you say anything?"

"What?"

"Did you stand up for me? When they were talking about me?" My voice was shaking badly now, threatening to break.

"Yeahh...I I did."

"Thank you", I unlocked the door and fell into her outstretched arms.

"I don't know what I'd do without you", I laughed.

"You ready to face the music?".

"As long as it isn't classical", I laughed again, this time with Kat.

I stumble to the sink and quickly wash off my face.