Chapter 7: New Groups

"Alright girls, so I don't know most if your names but I will learn them soon", Lizzy began. "We practice in the morning 6-8, and 3:30 - 6:30 in the afternoons. We expect you to be on time or early, if you are late you have extra rope climbs".

A bunch of the new girls looked kind of surprised; Kristy had a smug look on her face.

"We do strength and basics in the morning, advanced practice in the evening. If you are going to miss practice, ease give me an email."

One of the girls, Shana I think, kind of rolled her eyes and shifted her weight. Lizzy saw her, too...

"If you have a problem with that, you can leave now", she said, with a pointed look at the 16 year old girl with glasses and black hair. Shana blushed and looked away. I just realized how short she is, especially compared to Laney standing next to her. Laney was 15, with short brown hair and green eyes.

"Okay, I'm going to split you all into 2 practice groups so we can have more time on the events. I'll just point to you since I don't know your names". Lizzy began pointing to girls and sending them into groups.

"Group 1: Kristy, Catt, and Mia. You (Laney), you (Natalia), you, (Miley), you (Alex), and you (Britt)". Well, I guess you can say our group was diverse. Natalia was 11 years old, and had short dirty blonde hair and dark brown eyes. She was short and stocky - built like Shawn Johnson. Miley had shoulder length blonde hair, blue eyes, and was tall, skinny, and lanky. She was 18. Alex was 15, had short brown hair, brown eyes, and was only a little bit taller than me; maybe 5' 5". She was also skinny and a bit lanky. Britt had fiery red hair, green eyes, and was built like Kristy; thunder thighs, extra flab, and only 5' 3". Let's just hope she isn't a bitch, otherwise they could be maternal twins. Both in the same group too.

"Group 2: Halli, Emma and Sam". She also pointed to Shana, Lyndsee, Nancy, and Naomi. Shana was 16 and had short black hair and glasses. She was built short and stocky like Natalia, but did not look as fit. Lyndsee was 9, and looked just like her sister, Natalia. They both looked a bit Romanian. She glanced nervously over at her sister, who looked confused. They both shrugged and re-established a hard look on their faces. Nancy was 14, had shoulder length blonde hair, and blue eyes. She was around my height as well. Naomi had dark, curly brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. She was built like Shawn as well, and was 12 years old. I'm excited to see what levels they all were. I also wondered where their coaches were. As I thought that, another white car drove up to the front doors. A fat woman with choppy black hair was followed by a tall man with salt and pepper hair. They looked nice enough.

Lizzy clapped her hands, snapping me back into reality. "Group 1: go to..." please not beam, please not beam "beam, group 2 vault. We need to get all 4 events done today. On each event, please get to know each other, and tell the coaches your level. They will assess your levels again, and move you accordingly. This is Thursday. The other girls have a competition this Sunday, however, I need to check with your coaches to see whether or not you will compete. They are competing a level above their old one". Thanks for reminding me, Lizzy. "Now head to your events". Lizzy and GG walked over to beam, and we followed after getting a quick drink. Mike walked over to vault, and Group 2 followed him. GG and Lizzy spoke quickly, using wild hand gestures, then Lizzy rolled her eyes, once again, and walked to the lobby of the gym where the new coaches were waiting.