Chapter 24: New Gym's

Catt's mom drops us off at the doors of Roseland Gym.  The door's had  big red rose painted on them, and it actually looked pretty cool.  We walked in.  A short, stocky man greeted us at the entrance.  

"Hi!  How can I help you?".  I glanced over at Catt.

"Umm...well..." she stuttered. 

"We just wanted to look around, see what we're missing out on".  

The man, who's name was Chris, showed us around the gym.  It was actually really nice, and I wish I was in Catt's position.  

We got back into the car after half an hour of touring.  Catt's mom asked how it went.  

"Oh my gosh mom.  It was amazing!  I really want to go here now!".  Catt's face was lit up like a lightbulb.  She looked so happy to have found a new gym.  I looked down at my hands.  

"Great!  So I'll make a meeting witht the coaches and ask about joining".  

"Thank you so much mom!  I'm so excited!".  

It was so awkward.  Catt was so happy to be back to a new gym...meanwhile I was still struggling at mine.  

I got home, and my mom asked how shopping was.  

"Shopping?  Oh yeah!  It was fun, but I didn't find anything.  I'm going to go take a shower". 

I ran up the stairs before mom could ask more about practice and shopping.  I didn't want her to keep nosing around and find out I went to a new gym.  

I twisted the nozzle on the shower to warm.  I brushed my hair out.  It almost touched my waist.  I was actually getting it died at the end of the week.  I've always wanted an ombré, and it will look great with my brown hair.  

I got into the shower.  The hot water felt absolutely amazing on my muscles.  I was so sore.  I leaned over so it was hitting my back, and I felt my body immediately relax.  I went over the days practice in my head, pretending each movement was perfect.  

Kip cast handstand, hit that handstand perfect.  Giant, big tap with straight arms and legs.  Gienger, catch it this time.  Right into a perfect over shoot to handstand, toe on, chinese sit up.  No hesitation.  Kip cast blind, front giant, blind, double back.  Stuck.  

I shook out my hair and wrapped it up in a towel.  I heard my mom talking to somebody downstairs, probably on her new iPhone.  I grabbed the blow dryer and blew my hair dry.  It looked long and healthy and full.  

I put my gray sweatpants on, from VS PINK, and I grabbed a big sweatshirt to wear too.  I threw my hair up into a sloppy bun and looked into the mirror.  Cute, but casual.  

I padded down the stairs in my big purple socks.  I hit the bottom of the stairwell when I realized mom wasn't talking to somebody on the phone.

She was talking to my dad.  

A/N:

I'm writing a new story, called Under Water.  It's the story of a girl named Sage Roy and her sister, Bruna.  It would mean a lot to me if you could check it out!  Thank you guys!  And thanks for getting me to 7,000!  Keep voting!  :)