Chapter 15: Clinic

It’s been a week of PT and I’m finally allowed to go home. 

Everyday after school, I come to this little clinic thing and we work on strengthening excersizes and things like that.  I get to go back to the gym in a week. 

I walk into the front doors of the clinic.  The bells chime to announce my arrival. 

My crutches click on the ground, and they aren’t the only ones.  That brings some comfort. 

The room is full when I hobble in. 

“Hi!  You must be Mia”, a tall girl in a pink sweater and blue jeans walks over to help me with my bag. 

“Yea, and you are…”

“Oh, Lydia!  It’s so nice to meet you!”.

She seems nice.  A little perky, but nice. 

I glance around the room.  It looks like there are about 10, maybe 12 people there.  They are all around my age, maybe 13-15 years old.  There are a few boys, but mostly girls. 

The room is painted sea foam green, and it’s actually really pretty.  There are about 20 chairs, and they’re white and made of a plush foam.  I sink right in. 

Each one has a little matching foot rest, and I pull my leg up onto one. 

About 2 or 3 more people walk in before we start our session. 

“Hey hon!  How was it?”, my mom asks.

I slam the door behind me ask I slide into the car. 

“Good I guess”.

My mom sighs.  I lean against the window.  Despite it’s being spring, it’s still a little frosty out and the cold glass feels fantastic against my heated face. 

“We just basically did the same thing the whole time.  Bend and straighten, point and flex”. 

“Well, maybe the break from gymnastics will do you some good”. 

“Sincerely doubt it”, I say back, still face against the window. 

It doesn’t take long to get home and I go upstairs to my room and fall asleep right after I finish my homework.