Chapter 18

Stiles POV

I'm sitting in the hospital bed with the stitches in my arm and a bandage wrapped around it. I'm just waiting for the doctors to let me out.

My parents are in the waiting room, ready for me to come out. I think my mom feels kinda bad about yelling at Derek, mostly because she made me feel bad.

I put my head in my hands and I wanna regret everything; Letting my mom find out about me and Derek the way she did, breaking up with Malia the way I did.. And even making Derek feel bad and me questioning his love for me...

Why do I always have to go and screw things up.. For everyone. God, I hate myself.. Maybe if I wasn't here everything would be fine.

That's when I look over at the tray full of doctor tools and get an idea.. I don't wanna leave my family... I don't wanna leave Derek. But I think this would be best for everybody.

I reach over and grab the long operating scissors and I hop off the bed, I press the scissors to my stomach and look up and close my eyes.

My think of Derek, my family and friends.. All the people I love and whisper 'I love you'

"I'm gonna miss you guys.. I love you.."

I start to cry from imagining all of their faces in my head.. I don't wanna do this, but it's not for me... It's for all of them.

As I go to apply pressure and run the scissors through myself, my family and Melissa come running in.

Dad- "Stiles what're you doing?!! STOP!!"

I look at all of them and slowly move the scissors away, I hold them in my shaky hands and try to speak.

Stiles- "Dad I have to do this.. I think it would be best for all of us if I just die!... Everything that's been going wrong is because of me.. Mom disclaiming me because she caught Derek and I.. And Malia.. feeling hurt because of the way that I broke up with her..... Derek.. Derek feels like he's a danger to me because I'm so vulnerable, I don't wanna feel like that!!"

My mom places her fingertips on her mouth and starts shedding tears.

Melissa- "But Stiles this isn't the way, there is a better way to get through this without killing yourself.. Doing this doesn't hurt you, it hurts the people around you... How do you think your family or Derek would feel if you did this, Stiles?.."

I shoot my eyes between them all and cry even more.

Dad- "We can get through this together.. Stiles, we love you and nothing's going to stop us from loving you... Even if you kill yourself.."

Melissa- "Stiles, just give me the scissors.. It'll be alright, I promise.. Just give them to me"

I look down at the scissors in my hand then back at Melissa who has her hand out reaching for them, I slowly hand them over and my parents come rushing to me and embrace me in a tight, but gentle hug.

They both start crying their eyes out and hug them back and continue to let the tears run down my face.

My dad turns to look at Melissa and gets up to talk to her.

Dad- "Melissa let's leave the room.. I think we need to let them be by themselves right now.."

My dad and Melissa leave the room and my mom and I are both still on the floor. I gently push out of the hug and get up to sit on the edge of my hospital bed.

Mom- "Stiles what's wrong?.. Look I know what you just had to go through was tough but suicide is not the answer.."

Stiles- "Mom stop.. That's not what's wrong.. It's you, your the reason why... You made the person that I'm deeply in love with walk away from me when I needed him.."

I look her in the eyes and she has on this face filled with shock and disbelief.

Mom- "Wait so you're saying that when you said 'I need you" to Derek.. you meant..."

Stiles- "I love him.."

She looks down and continues to fill her eyes with tears, she looks back at me and grabs my face, and begins to rub my cheeks with her thumb.

Mom- "I approve.."

I look at her with a confused look.. Trying to decipher her words.

Stiles- "What?.."

She smile at me and nods her head.

Mom- "I approve.. I approve of Derek, I can tell that he loves you too.... When he realized what he had done, he reached to help you.. And in my book, that's love"

We both smile and I immediately grab over and pull my mom into a bone crushing hug.

Stiles- "But mom wait.. what you saw back there?... It was--"

My mom chuckles a bit.

Mom- "Don't worry your dad told me all about it, and I'm fine.. Just a little anxious that you got hurt"

Stiles- "Mom I'm fine, it's nothing.. Derek wouldn't do it on purpose and trust me I've been through more than you think.."

We both chuckle a little and I get off the bed and we leave out of the room. My dad and Melissa see us smiling and both hop and come to our side.

I turn to Melissa and ask..

"Wait, Ms. McCall, where's Kira.. Is she okay?"

Melissa- "Stiles she's great, she actually got out about two hours before you got here.. We have her on some headache pills though, what happened to her has been giving her some memory lose so she's been having a couple of headaches.. But she should be fine"

I smile and am in relief that she's out and okay, Scott probably was the first one to hear. He was badly hurt when thought she was dead.

But she's okay now and things with my family are getting better.

But Derek, what am I going to do about Derek? He thinks that he's too dangerous for me, and I can't stand to think about him feeling like that.. I made him feel bad enough already.

Now it's just worse, my mom didn't make it any better. He knows that I love him, but I'm not quite sure he believes it.