Chapter ~9~

• Dedicated to Vanessa Lueago

New chapter! Thanks to all who are reading my story! I spelt magic, magick again. so sorry if that seems weird to you guys but it's spelt correctly.

xxx Comment, Vote, Fan! xxx

_____________________________________________________________________________

~9~

            I can hear footsteps. Men and woman of all ages screamed angrily in the distance.  Where am I? I could see nothing, it was all gone. Nothing but darkness engulfed me. I stood motionless, as if my legs were glued to the floor, arms tied around my body.

            Soon enough a small white light appeared in front of me. I lifted my arm, as if to touch the light. I ran my finger along the smooth hole. I pulled back, stretching it enough to fit two hands, then a foot, my torso, until my entire body was engulfed in a bright white light. I blinked a few times, steadying my focus on what appeared to be a human girl around my age. She stood almost motionless on a large podium; a dark regretful look covered her beaten and bruised face.

            Studying the girls face, I realized who she was; Shelby. I watched as the crowd screamed in her face, calling her awful names I couldn’t bare to hear. I let a single tear roll down my face, as I screamed pleading words at her. Words she could not hear. A man in a black suit arose from behind Shelby, and she turned to face him. I started running, but however, my feet could not reach her.

I tripped over my feet and landed stomach down, on the ground. I looked up at the podium, which was five feet away and began to cry louder, screaming in pain as I tried to warn her. She didn’t listen. The man in black lead Shelby over to rope in which he tied around her neck. No. I dragged my body of the cold rough pebbles and started running again.

I screamed furiously as sobs of tears rolled down my face. I reached the podium and stood right in front of Shelby. She stared back blankly. Her face filled with grief I listened to her last words. “Chloe” The man pulled the trigger, and she fell. She hung there, motionless, lifeless, in front of me.

 I couldn’t save her. I fell to my knees, burying my hands in my head. I heard the crowd scream and cheer in joy. I could help but feel disgusted with them. I stood up, and did something I never would have done before. I stood there on the podium as the crowd became silent.

They could see me. I let out what I had left of me. I told them to go die.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

            I awoke from my nightly slumber, feeling refreshed and ready to go. I brushed my hand along my dirty skin. Good goddess, I need a bath. My head pounded from the dream I had. Did I really mean what I said? Probably not, but that doesn’t mean I won’t forgive them.

 I rolled my legs up close to my body, gripping them. I starred at the sheets, remembering that horrible nightmare. I wish I could have saved her. She didn’t even fight them. I glanced around the room looking for Shelby. It’s then I noticed everybody was gone.

Where’s everyone? I slowly rose from the bed, letting my nimble feet meet with the cold concrete floor. I ignored the coldness under my feet and wandered into the middle of the room. I looked to my right, starring at the dark hall. Where could they have gone, we can’t go anywhere. I decided to take the risk, and entered the hall.

I pulled out my cell phone and used it as a flashlight. It lit up very small portions of the hall, but it’ll have to do. I started walking down searching for Cassandra, and David. I reached the entrance, the area located just beside the lock that lead to the house and found nothing. I sat down in the corner of the room, re-planning. Where’d they go? I hope they didn’t leave this room!