𝟎𝟗. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

CHAPTER NINE
broken windows

YASMINE MCCALL

I grabbed a bottle of Coke and put it in my cart as I walked around the Food Mart by the gas station. Since Scott was on a date with Allison, with Lydia and Jackson just tagging along, and Stiles doing something else, Danny and I decided to have a movie night together since we hadn't done that in a while.

He'd driven me to the Food Mart since he needed to get more gas for his car, but his father had called and he had to leave, but he'd told me to just wait until he returned.

I just happened to glance out of the window and just continued walking until I realized who was standing outside the Food Mart. I backed up and saw Derek Hale standing by his black car, just causally filling gas when two car blocked him in, one from behind and one in the front. The door to the red car in the front opened and a gasp left my mouth when I saw Allison's father step out of it, a serious look on his face.

From what I could figure out, they were all hunters, but I'm pretty sure that they weren't stupid enough to kill a werewolf in a gas station. Yes, I was the only one in the Food Mart and they didn't know I was in here, but still. Derek's posture told me that Allison's father had said something he didn't like and it was pissing him off, but he seemed to find control and not let it bother him. Just as Allison's father was about to walk away, he turned around and suddenly, a man from behind stepped forward and smashed the left side window of Derek's car.

I gasped as I could hear the glass being smashed to pieces. Seeing that the hunters had left, I just continue to stand there and watch. Out of nowhere, Derek just turned around and immediately his eyes landed on me.

He knew I was there.

He'd probably heard me gasp with his wolf hearing and also heard me standing there and the rising of my heartbeat. He said nothing as his eyes were locked on my figure inside the Food Mart.

I also screamed when a hand was placed on my shoulder and turned around in a hurry. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw Danny standing behind me, a confused look on his face. "You scared me."

"What were you looking at?" Danny asked me with furrowed eyebrows.

I turned back around and saw Derek was gone and so was his car. "Nothing," I assured Danny with a smile. "Nothing important, anyways."

He nodded and grabbed the cart from my hands. "Wanna pay and leave?"

I nodded and followed Danny, but it still bothered me how Allison's father had acted towards Derek, but also how in control Derek had stayed the entire time. What was gonna happen when the hunters found out about Scott? Was Scott going to be able to stay in control?

^^^^

I walked into my bedroom and plopped down on my bed. I was so tired and I just wanted to sleep, but I knew that if I didn't get up from this bed now, I wouldn't be able to get up later to change into my PJ's and take off my makeup.

After taking off my makeup and changing into some basic shorts and a tank top, I plopped down on my bed and turned off the lights. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard screaming from Scott's bedroom. Immediately, I ran out of my bedroom and into his, only to see Stiles on the bed and my mom standing by the foot of the bed with a baseball bat in her hands.

I turned on the lights just as Scott walked into the bedroom, confused to see his mother holding a bat and his best friend on his bed.

"Can you please tell your friend to use the front door?" Melissa asked Scott exhausted.