𝟏𝟏. 𝐚𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

CHAPTER ELEVEN
alpha encounters

YASMINE MCCALL

I walked around the movie rental store calmly, my heels loudly clicking on the floor as I was the only person actually in there besides the man who was fixing the light.

Netflix crashed when I tried to use it, so I had to ride the bus all the way down here to this awful place and find myself some movies to watch since Scott didn't have any good movies and I didn't have any movies myself besides the few Star Wars DVD Stiles had accidentally left at my place, and I wasn't about to watch Star Wars.

"Excuse me," I approached the man fixing the light, who worked here. "Do you have American Psycho or Serial Mom?" I asked, arching an eyebrow.

He nodded towards the back of the store. "Look under the horror-comedy section or the drama section." He replied in monotone voice before returning to fixing the light.

"Okay, thanks, then." I murmured before I spun around on my heels and walked the way he'd nodded for me to go. I found American Psycho pretty fast under the drama section and slowly walked around, trying to find Serial Mom, but it seemed my luck had ran out.

"Can somebody help me find The Notebook?!" The eerily familiar voice yelled out from the video store.

"Look under the Romantic section," I told Jackson as I walked up to him, his eyes widening at the sight of me here. "It's one of the most popular."

His stare softened for just a few second before they returned to their, now, normal glare. "What are you doing here, Yasmine?"

"What do people do at a video rental store?" I asked him and waved my movie in the air, an incredulous expression plastered on my face. "I'm renting a movie."

Jackson scoffed and was about to snarky comment when he looked around the store. "Why isn't anyone picking up the phone?" He asked me as if I had the answer to that question. "Hello?!" He called out, his voice echoing through the entire store.

We shared a worried look as the phone kept ringing. The man who'd been fixing the light before was gone and even though they probably had hella bad service here, why wouldn't just one of the employees pick up the phone?

"Is anybody working here?" Jackson hollered again, but no answer.

This was getting way too freaky for me as the two of us slowly began walking forward, looking for someone while the damn phone kept ringing.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumbled annoyed as Jackson walked ahead for me, not even looking back. I huffed and followed him, only to stop just as he did. "What's wrong?"

Jackson nodded towards the shelf where a pair of shoes were sticking out, the broken light just opposite him, the ladder also still there. "Stay here."

My eyes widened as I shook my head. "Hell no." I stated and corrected my boot as it squeezed painfully around my toe. "I'm not standing back."

Jackson glared at me. "Fine!" He spat as we, together, began walking forward, walking closer and closer to where he shoes were sticking out.

I gasped and almost jumped back when Jackson and I rounded shelf corner and saw the worker from before lying dead on the floor with floor oozing down his his body, claw marks across his neck. "Oh my God." I mumbled shocked.

Jackson accidentally stumbled back and hit the ladder, make it fall over and rip out the broken light which fucked up every other light in this damn place.