𝟏𝟑. 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
running from the wolves

YASMINE MCCALL

I opened the heavy door as Scott passed by me, shooting me a thankful smile. We'd just been grocery shopping and Scott had insisted on carrying all the bags and not let me hold any of them.

He looked around before he sighed. "Damn it."

I groaned annoyed and glanced at my brother. "You forget where you parked the car, didn't you?" I asked.

Scott nodded before he spun around again. Taking the stairs up, Scott and I walked out and looked around the fourth level of the car park, trying to find our mother's car. We began walking forward and looking for the car.

"Do you have the car keys?" I asked as we stopped walking.

Scott put down the white bags filled with groceries and dug his hand into the pocket of his jeans. "Yeah," he replied as he began pressing the button the keys, but nothing happened.

Just when he was about to give up pressing the button, we heard our car on the floor above us.

"Crap," Scott muttered annoyed as something from the bag fell out and rolled underneath a car.

I pulled out my phone and checked to see if my mom had called or anything since she'd asked us to hurry up so that she could get the car back. I put my phone back into the pocket of my coat, but just as I looked up, Scott grabbed my arm and began running like our lives depended on it. My breath almost stopped when I heard the Alpha right behind us, chasing us around the car park.

Scott held a tight grip on my arm as he continued to drag me with him, both of us now on the third floor. He pulled me behind a car before his head snapped up. "Run and behind another car while I distract the Alpha."

My eyes widened as I shook my head. "No, Scott! I can't let you do that!"

"Just do it!" He urged before he suddenly jumped onto the cars and began jumping on, causing their alarms to go off immediately. I began running and cursed my bad running skills as I made it to the first floor and kept running. Seeing a green car, I quickly hid behind that as Scot jumped down next to me and panted heavily, just like me.

"Oh my God!" I pulled at my black hair as Scott's phone began singing loudly. "Fucking turn it off!" I cursed at him just as he was pulled up and slammed down on the car. I stood up terrified, only to see Derek standing over my brother. "Oh, thank God."

"You're dead!" Derek stated.

I leaned up against the car and began breathing normally as my heartbeat slowly returned to its normal pace. I murmured annoyed under my breath as Derek began walking and my brother followed.

"What the hell was that?!"

"Said I was gonna teach you, I didn't say when." Derek spoke calmly as he walked like he hadn't just scared us shitless.

"You scared the crap out of me and my sister!" Scott yelled.

Derek barley glanced over at me. "Not yet."

"Ok-okay, but I was fast, right?"

I peeled off my coat and held it in my hands as a I gulped, sweating.

Derek kept walking. "Not fast enough."

"B-but the car alarm thing, that was smart, right?"

"Till your phone rang."

Scott just wouldn't stop. "Yeah, but that was...I mean...would you just stop?! Please!" Scott yelled as Derek stopped walking and turned to face him. "What happened the other night, Yasmine getting hurt and Stiles' dad almost getting hurt, that was my fault! I should've been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this."